As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vacation cancelled

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacation cancelled

My ratbag employer has exersized their right and cancelled my vacation today,so I cant go to the Leek Rally.I am sick about this,but they can do it,they say we are so short staffed and there is an overlap between 3 people and I must work cover.Its never happened before,but there is a threat of compulsory redundancy in the air so I cant push it. Maybe if they hadnt got rid of staff we wouldnt be so short handed!
    Sorry rant over.
    I had the van all packed for an early start tomorrow
    now I have to wait till the 23rd for the Greenhill meet.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Blooming eck Ian you must be gutted. Surely they can't do that at such short notice.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Yes they can.I could probably have kicked up a fuss,but as I say ,they are drawing up the lists for the chop!
      Oh well, these things are sent to try us - and they generally succeed.
      Roll on the weekend.

Comment

Oh Ian, really feel for you, what a bummer.

Comment

Hi Ian,

I know what you mean about the chop. I work at a place where there are constant re-organisations as money is always tight.

Heads down and do your job is the current thinking. “Be in it to win it” is another.
          We have seen people raise their heads above the parapet, only to “get their cards marked” as they say. Come the next shuffle, guess who vanishes!

Dave
          SteamyDave http://www.steamydave.co.uk/campervan
          "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

Comment

Sorry to hear that Ian. We know how much you love to get away we so can imagine you are very dissapointed.

Comment

Sorry to read this Ian. As Graham says "you must be gutted". But try to look forward to the next outing. It may seem doubly enjoyable and satisfying?
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                Sorry to read this Ian. As Graham says "you must be gutted". But try to look forward to the next outing. It may seem doubly enjoyable and satisfying?
                Jim.
                I am ok now,I bounce back still. I am really keen on the Chesterfield meet,come on Jim,pick a date.You will have plenty of members coming.
                Ian

Comment

Grrrr! I feel so angry for you - but you're right. Grit your teeth and look forward to the next one.:so happy:

Comment

This is shocking news, maybe you can write to the David Cameron.

Dear Prime Mister,

I wish to complain about your policies.

I Stockley
                    Wombleland

Comment

What a shame Ian

In Birmingham everyone has been put on the Martini Contract - "Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere". We can be sent to work anywhere, any hours without any allowances for working w/e or evenings.

There has been very little challenge for just the reasons you have identified; people have been told they should think themselves lucky to still have a job.

Don't let the Bs grind you down!

BA
                      x

Comment

Originally posted by Ewig View Post
                        What a shame Ian

In Birmingham everyone has been put on the Martini Contract - "Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere". We can be sent to work anywhere, any hours without any allowances for working w/e or evenings.

There has been very little challenge for just the reasons you have identified; people have been told they should think themselves lucky to still have a job.

Don't let the Bs grind you down!

BA
                        x
                        yup,they are doing this on the hospital side,Im on the university side so they can simply get rid of us,the average Joe on the clapham omnibus likes nurses and doctors,but universities are a waste of money he thinks.Evil scientists in white coats.Dont need them,the internet has all the answers doesnt it? The university administrators from the Chancellor down are only interested in their huge pension,leaving settlement,prospects of an OBE or knighthood.
                        Sorry rant over.
                        I still owe you a bottle of wine,you had to go,so I had to drink it!

Comment

Why thank you for that, young man! Did I enjoy the wine?

BA
                          x

Comment

Sorry to hear your news about the cancelled weekend, Ian. Look on the bright side, it will make the next time you go away even sweeter! We've just returned from Scotland and had a wonderful time. Somehow the midges seemed to avoid me but Carole got bitten twice (only twice!) so I guess we can't complain. The weather was Scottish weather but even when it was bad it did not ruin the scenery. The Highlands were magnificent and even John o' Groats was appealing-well, we had to go there, didn't we? (How did it get its name, by the way?) This is all new territory to us southerners and I was thrilled to cross the Forth Bridge as well. We are easily pleased. The Hylo passed with flying colours, we are now even firmer fans. Everything worked and did exactly what it should. Thanks for the tip about the mini oil filled electric radiator, that worked really well, and at this moment Carole is in the process of ordering 2 Duvalays. Other than giving the Romahome a good clean inside and out we are ready for the BIG ONE, the trip via France to Fuengirola in southern Spain which we start on 10th July. Until then I shall stay in contact on the forum and possibly, broadband permitting, I may be in contact on the trip. On our return we shall be joining some more outings.Graham and Carole

Comment

Glad you had a good time,you only found 2 midges because they had all gone South to bite poor Jayjay and Linda.

The continental tour sounds wonderfull,have fun.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X