As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roma Club Review

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roma Club Review

We've just had a quick flick through our copy of the Roma Club Review and the Small Motorhome Forum has several mentions.

It seems Andrew ruffled a few feathers when he announced the launch of the New R20 on here first. Brian Bailey has written an explanation saying that time constraints meant it was better to use the forum to get to the most people interested in Romahome's in the quickest possible time.

This is part of what he said "The net has the massive benefit of instant communication and the notice we posted on the forum yesterday has already had 700 readings resulting in ten confirmed bookings to view the new model."

He also goes on to say that there is a significant overlap between Roma Club members and Small Motorhome membership so many club members will have been told the news.

Andy Jones said "I chose the forum to announce the model to reflect the enthusiasm and loyalty shown to Romahome by its members."

There is also a mention for Ian Stockley who is quoted from the forum and an article by our very own NomadSue2011 about her R20.

We hope that our links with the Roma Club will continue to grow in the coming year.

Pauline and myself are proud to say we have been members since we bought our first Romahome in 2000.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    We've just had a quick flick through our copy of the Roma Club Review and the Small Motorhome Forum has several mentions.

It seems Andrew ruffled a few feathers when he announced the launch of the New R20 on here first. Brian Bailey has written an explanation saying that time constraints meant it was better to use the forum to get to the most people interested in Romahome's in the quickest possible time.

This is part of what he said "The net has the massive benefit of instant communication and the notice we posted on the forum yesterday has already had 700 readings resulting in ten confirmed bookings to view the new model."

He also goes on to say that there is a significant overlap between Roma Club members and Small Motorhome membership so many club members will have been told the news.

Andy Jones said "I chose the forum to announce the model to reflect the enthusiasm and loyalty shown to Romahome by its members."

There is also a mention for Ian Stockley who is quoted from the forum and an article by our very own NomadSue2011 about her R20.

We hope that our links with the Roma Club will continue to grow in the coming year.

Pauline and myself are proud to say we have been members since we bought our first Romahome in 2000.
    --------------------------------------------
    That's funny! Having been pressured into writing the article, we didn't see it in our magazine (ho ho, to my relief!) Your dozy 'very own NomadSue' has forgotten what she had written!!!!!!
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I was going to join the Romaclub but they only accept cheques or Postal Orders.
      I don't have a cheque book and begrudge paying 10% extra for a PostalOrder. If I could pay using either PayPal or directly using internet banking I would probably join seeing as we now have a Romini and a Romahome in the family.

Peter

Comment

Why don't you ask them if you could pay cash at a rally, Pete. You know, just turn up at a rally and offer to join there and then. I can't see them turning you down.
        :jump for joy:Jimish

Comment

modern methods and equipment

That's a good idea, Jimish. I agree it is a nuisance having to pay by cheque - also receiving cheques rather than cash nowadays.

Goodness, I may actually have moved with the times on this one. That's no good - time to ask my bank for a cheque book again

This has made me ponder on which pieces of equipment people now take for granted, and which old favourites are still in use, eg in the kitchen. Am I the only person in the world without a food processor or an electric carving knife, for example? Who else uses their 1970's Kenwood Chef? Anyone else still using the family heirloom breadknife?

Sorry, Graham Have gone off on one of my rambles again. It is only right and proper that this forum should get several mentions in the Roma magazine A symbiotic arrangement, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayfair Pete View Post
            I was going to join the Romaclub but they only accept cheques or Postal Orders.
            I don't have a cheque book and begrudge paying 10% extra for a PostalOrder. If I could pay using either PayPal or directly using internet banking I would probably join seeing as we now have a Romini and a Romahome in the family.

Peter
            I pay by bank standing order,the romaclub membership secretary sent me the form and I filled it in and returned it,- simples!
            the telephone number is 01366 384550
            give Margaret Eldridge a ring,Im sure she will help.

Ian
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
              I pay by bank standing order,the romaclub membership secretary sent me the form and I filled it in and returned it,- simples!
              the telephone number is 01366 384550
              give Margaret Eldridge a ring,Im sure she will help.

Ian
              Hi Ian,
              I did email them and this is the reply I got;-

Some people without cheque books send Postal orders -our bank will accept these
              Many thanks
              Margaret

The details for a standing order are the same as for an internet transfer, maybe I'll try again later.

Peter

Comment

I think it is a pity if this becomes a source of contention because I can see it makes business sense.

A website clearly has a greater coverage of potential customers than a subscription magazine and has people that are not yet romahomers or not even owners of a romahome so more likely to be a potential market.

Many of the romaclub owners visit this site anyway so they will pick up the news so I can see the logic there.
                Last edited by Tentpeg; 30-12-2011, 20:23.

Comment

However we pay, it is a nice little club - many thanks to those who run it. You are stars!

Comment

Talking about the website I can't remember how to log on to it... thought of looking at the rallys to see if there is anywhere that is close enough for me to attend for a weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
                      Talking about the website I can't remember how to log on to it... thought of looking at the rallys to see if there is anywhere that is close enough for me to attend for a weekend.
                      Have you kept the email they sent you when you joined, giving you a password? User name varies, obviously, but I guess you might have used your own email address? That is the standard user name on many sites.

Personally, I keep passwords / user names linked to camping, in my camping log book....which is carefully hidden!! Just need to remember where the book is then

Comment

I have paid twice now by internet bank transfer ..
                        First year I completed and sent the form with my details and did the transfer with my name and registration as a reference

This year I did the transfer with my name and membership number and then emailed to confirm this had been done. I received my new card within a few days ..
                        I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
                        http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
                          If you e mail [email protected] quoting your address and membership number I am sure they will be able to give you the log in details.
                          Colin

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X