This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romaclub AGM meet

I noticed in the Romaclub Magazine that at the meet in the Sunday morning service the first 30 people to attend were given an envelope with a £5 note inside, which turned out to be a copy and not a real one. This was to highlight the message in the sermon about false teachings, people where told the false £5 would be exchanged for a real one if people wished.

Apparently 20 people took up the offer which left poor Reuben £100 worse off. Hopefully Reuben was reimbursed through Romaclub funds.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    I noticed in the Romaclub Magazine that at the meet in the Sunday morning service the first 30 people to attend were given an envelope with a £5 note inside, which turned out to be a copy and not a real one. This was to highlight the message in the sermon about false teachings, people where told the false £5 would be exchanged for a real one if people wished.

Apparently 20 people took up the offer which left poor Reuben £100 worse off. Hopefully Reuben was reimbursed through Romaclub funds.
    That will teach him not to get involved with the evils of Finance. I guess the club reimbursed him,hes a nice guy,but it was a daft idea that was asking for the result it got.
    It would not have happened in the SMHC group. We are family,the Romaclub just feels like a collection of 2nd cousins,they are Ok but as my golfing friend says " I wouldn`t trust them in the rough!"
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

twin1

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      That will teach him not to get involved with the evils of Finance. I guess the club reimbursed him,hes a nice guy,but it was a daft idea that was asking for the result it got.
      It would not have happened in the SMHC group. We are family,the Romaclub just feels like a collection of 2nd cousins,they are Ok but as my golfing friend says " I wouldn`t trust them in the rough!"

Comment

How would this expenditure be recorded and justified. The auditors may wonder too!

I remember our vicar once ate a daffodil to demonstrate something, can't remember what he was demonstrating but do remember all the children laughing about it for weeks! It did not cost anything though!!

Comment

It just shows that once you introduce fees and membership things get extremily complicated.

I honestly think that people are tending to move to more loose associations, the internet lends itself to this, particularly true of the younger generation... Look at what has happened here on this forum for instance. People meeting up happened organically without the need for treasurers, secretaries, chairmen and AGMs.

Now please do not misunderstand me I am not 'knocking' more formal clubs they have there strengths, but it just shows that there are other perhaps more simpler ways of doing things as well.
          Last edited by Tentpeg; 07-07-2012, 12:15.

Comment

I wasn`t knocking the Romaclub either.I think its a shame those peeps took a £5, but the Roma AGM is a big event,with food and entertainment provided and the manufacturers turn up to listen to their customers and to do a repair shop.
            The Romaclub rallys are,I have found,very enjoyable in nice places.The Club insures all attendees and the insurance is designed to compensate the landowner for any damage.
            The club doesn`t have a forum,but many of the members chat here,they issue a regular magazine instead.

Its horses for courses,I enjoy both the Romaclub and SMHC and New Companions, and I camp solo from time to time.

Its like being in a cake shop,they are all nice but different flavors,( Graham would understand).

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
              It just shows that once you introduce fees and membership things get extremily complicated.

I honestly think that people are tending to move to more loose associations, the internet lends itself to this, particularly true of the younger generation... Look at what has happened here on this forum for instance. People meeting up happened organically without the need for treasurers, secretaries, chairmen and AGMs.

Now please do not misunderstand me I am not 'knocking' more formal clubs they have there strengths, but it just shows that there are other perhaps more simpler ways of doing things as well.
              I dont think poor Reubens well intentioned jest backfiring has anything to do with fees or "membership things".
              All the SMHC meets and rallys are held on Authorised sites so our members dont have to insure themselves.If we go to meets such as Chesterfield last year,insurance was added to the site fee.The Romaclub insures its members at all their events.
              I agree I think the commitee structure needs revision,but its always a minority that organise for the silent majority. SMHC may be less formal than many clubs but we still have a structure in order to function.Graham and Pauline own the Forum and the Moderators control the input.Individuals organise meets and rallys.

Vive le difference!:so happy:

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                The Romaclub rallys are,I have found,very enjoyable in nice places.The Club insures all attendees and the insurance is designed to compensate the landowner for any damage..
                I have attended a couple of Romahome rallies and found the other particpants to be lovely people, with a noticeably positive attitude towards life, happy to pass on tips to newcomers, as well as to tease old friends!

Equally, the SMHF meets have also been highly enjoyable, full of friendly, open-minded people, up for a chat and laugh, ready to share companionship. As Ian says, the SMGF meets seem to be slightly less formal and a far wider range of topics is likely to come up for discussion.

The efforts of both sets of organisers are appreciated. Speaking from personal experience, I know it can be a thankless task trying to get people to agree on locations, dates, etc.
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X