This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romaclub August rallys

A poor up take for the 2 rallys I am running in august,I guess the rotten weather is keeping every one indoors - well,Im Going!! I will double storm strap my awning,pack my water proof trousers and boots,and my stockmans coat and stormproof hat! Lots of books to read,plenty of tea and good things in the larder,2 extra towels and I am looking at storm lanterns!
    You lot can fester in your back bedrooms if you want - IM GOING CAMPING

Ps just been out and bought two camping lanterns.one each fore and aft
    Last edited by Ian.C.S; 14-07-2012, 14:42.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

twin1

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
    A poor up take for the 2 rallys I am running in august,I guess the rotten weather is keeping every one indoors - well,Im Going!! I will double storm strap my awning,pack my water proof trousers and boots,and my stockmans coat and stormproof hat! Lots of books to read,plenty of tea and good things in the larder,2 extra towels and I am looking at storm lanterns!
    You lot can fester in your back bedrooms if you want - IM GOING CAMPING!
    You made me feel guilty. However ,just been for a walk along the beach.

Now going to check van for leaks,its just habit. sort out and re pack after 4 weeks of solid rain. Wash the boots and waterproofs.We are told that today we shall have heavy rain causing distruption.

Have a great time. Hopefully our next trip in August will be better,

Comment

I'm coming! These meets link nicely to the Moira Furness folk festival.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Have you had any better luck Ian, any more takers?

Comment

I really hope to meet you all sometime on a meet --- but you are all such a long long way away. Curiously I am almost feeling guilty about the dry weather we have had for months. but then I stop myself and think -- the weather forecasts on BBC seem to think everyone lives "down south" if it is raining in London and South East - it is end of the world - they give us up here maybe one second in their comments.

And who knows? next week it might start raining and forget to stop

Comment

Ian don't forget - if you are wet on outside - keep yourself wet on inside too - you forgot to mention a wee dram in your kit list

Comment

Originally posted by cedas View Post
              Ian don't forget - if you are wet on outside - keep yourself wet on inside too - you forgot to mention a wee dram in your kit list
              Have no fear,the larder contains bottles of joy and peace too.

Comment

I will be bringing my usual mulled wine!

Comment

there is still space on these rallies for Romaclub members.

Comment

Ian,

I'd go (depending on dates) but I'm not a member.

I've just been on their website and discovered that if I join now I get 5 months worth of membership for my £15, but if I join in October I get 15 months worth of membership for the same £15.

Hmm, this is what is known as a "no-brainer" decision isn't it?
                    Schrödinger's cat:
                    Wanted Dead and Alive.

Comment

Originally posted by adyb View Post
                      Ian,

I'd go (depending on dates) but I'm not a member.

I've just been on their website and discovered that if I join now I get 5 months worth of membership for my £15, but if I join in October I get 15 months worth of membership for the same £15.

Hmm, this is what is known as a "no-brainer" decision isn't it?
                      Yes and No! Their camping season only lasts until end of September,then starts again in March.Unlike the SMHC forum group who camp all year round!:so happy:
                      Your choice.

Comment

Meets for 21st September?

Sorry, Ian, we can´t help out by joining the August rallies; we don´t return to England from Spain until 7th September. However, we managed to burn out our 12 volt circuit for the fridge in a big way and start the fuse box melting a couple of weeks ago. Quite a jolly moment! That circuit is now isolated and we run it on gas, mainly, and mains. Good old Ant up in Bristol will have the van on Thursday 20th September which, by a circuitous route, brings me to the point.
                        It seems an awfully long way to go from Lewes without a camping objective. The weekend Friday 21st September/Monday 24th September looks as if it deserves filling, so, do you or anyone else know of a meet or rally going on that weekend in the Bristol area? (If you could make it 32 degrees so much the better!) Thanks. Graham and Carole

Comment

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
                          Sorry, Ian, we can´t help out by joining the August rallies; we don´t return to England from Spain until 7th September. However, we managed to burn out our 12 volt circuit for the fridge in a big way and start the fuse box melting a couple of weeks ago. Quite a jolly moment! That circuit is now isolated and we run it on gas, mainly, and mains. Good old Ant up in Bristol will have the van on Thursday 20th September which, by a circuitous route, brings me to the point.
                          It seems an awfully long way to go from Lewes without a camping objective. The weekend Friday 21st September/Monday 24th September looks as if it deserves filling, so, do you or anyone else know of a meet or rally going on that weekend in the Bristol area? (If you could make it 32 degrees so much the better!) Thanks. Graham and Carole
                          -------------------------------
                          I suggest you start a new thread for this - more likely to catch possible punters. There is a Romahome meet at Abrebran Brecon, Powys LD39NG Sept 17-21, which would link in rather nicely.

Comment

I now have about 16 people who want to come, and the weather is getting hotter and drier.Its looking good now,Roll on next week.

Comment

To clarify the location for the next meet, I presume Weston farm is the same as the Weston SANDS farm that shows up on Google maps? (Same postcode)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X