This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romarally at Brecon

This was held at Aberbran Fach Farm,Brecon,Powys.This is a working farm,the farmers family cleared a space in their barn for evening get togethers and provided chairs and tables.The facilities were limited but adequate,2x showers (1 cost £1,the other took 50p but lasted only half the time!)Gents toilet,ladies toilet,disabled toilet. Dishwash area,chemical loo emptying point,14 EHU. The rally field only had 6 EHU available.By permission camp fires in old oil drums on bricks can be had.
    The White Horse Pub 3 miles away did excellant meals averaging £12,and Brecon has several resteraunts and cafes,including a fab Gurkha resteraunt.
    This is a good site for a small meet/rally of upto 24.

Recommended.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Yes, a peaceful site, enjoying a lovely view. Also handy for a range of interesting places to visit, and not that far from Hay-on-Wye (book lovers beware! )

This would be a lovely place for a SMHF meet or rally, especially if using the second field, the one with the beautiful view.
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
      Yes, a peaceful site, enjoying a lovely view. Also handy for a range of interesting places to visit, and not that far from Hay-on-Wye (book lovers beware! )

This would be a lovely place for a SMHF meet or rally, especially if using the second field, the one with the beautiful view.
      This sounds like a very good idea to me! *hint!* Also convenient for rowing/canoeing on nearby Llangorse Lake.

Comment

Sounds great. And my daughter lives in Llangors, she works for Brecon National Park.
        Aileen

Comment

Ok lets do it! Now,what about a date,next Spring?,early summer? midsummer?

C`mon,lets hear it! I will do the booking etc once we have agreed a time.

Comment

I went to a meet on this site in July last year, it was a baking hot weekend and we had a brilliant time.

I think it's the sort of site that's better in the summer months, would imagine it could be a bit bleak in colder weather.

Comment

Perhaps we could make a list of meets / rallies already organised for Spring / early summer (ie SMHF and romahome), and organise accordingly.

I'll come, if dates work.

Comment

I'll be there too, depending on the dates. Actually, I might already be there as it's a site we use often when canoeing at Llangorse Lake.

Comment

Sounds a good location - would be interested!
                  Mary

Comment

OK,how about july? If I book now for june or july it should be possible

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                      Perhaps the first half of July, ie before the schools break up for their holidays. Generally, the local points of interest will be quieter - fewer queues etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                        Early July sounds good - I'll postpone booking our round the world tour until you have set the date
                        Mary

Comment

I'm definitely interested. A good idea of Sue's to book prior to school hols because this site can become very busy and rather noisy then.

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                            I'm definitely interested. A good idea of Sue's to book prior to school hols because this site can become very busy and rather noisy then.
                            Yes, kids are lovely but can be noisy at times! when just a rally on field, things are rather more peaceful, which in turn is more relaxing

Comment

Hi, is this something for forum members to go to? It sounds great but not sure if it is something private?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X