This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunchy View Post
    Hi, is this something for forum members to go to? It sounds great but not sure if it is something private?
    Romarally's are separate to the forum, they are only open to members of the romaclub , a subscription based romahome owners club. That said, several forum members are members of the romaclub and attend their meets.

If you want to meet us lot, look at the fancy meeting up section, there are several meets organised for this year.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

These are held on a farm-site at Aberbran Fach (or Fawr - I always get the two adjacent sites mixed up!) which has several fields so even if rally is held on one then there is plenty space for non-members in a different field or meadow. We use the site/field when camping with canoes long before I realised it was also the site of the RomaRallies.

The fields are quietly situated off the A40 a few miles west of Brecon. They're quiet when not crowded, especially during school holidays (a time to avoid), but the facilities are limited.

If you like horses then you'll probably like the site. On my last visit, I spent the night keeping watch on a pregnant mare due to foal.

Comment

Last time I was there a cow gave birth on the sunday morning.

I'm booked for a week's meet there with another camping website this August, if anyone would like to join us you would be very welcome, PM me for details.

Comment

In case any one is wondering,I decided after much thought and talking to others to organize a Great autumn Rally in August at Morton in Marsh instead of this Brecon meet for this year. However, next year...........................
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

You have to be over 80 to be in the Romaclub

Comment

Originally posted by RRH View Post
              I hope you had your tongue in your cheek there RRH. I wouldn't say that was the case at all, there are plenty of members who are younger than 80.

I think motorhomes in general tend to attract older people as retired people have more time to enjoy them.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by RRH View Post
                !!

Well, I guess there is a slight weighting in numbers to the...er...more mature, but, speaking as a youngster who pretends to be in her 40's despite having three kids in their 30's, I hope you are joking!
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I've just sent off for my membership. Should be OK, I'm nearly 80.....

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X