This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woz there!
    You might not have noticed as I spent a fair time in or under someones van, didn't actually make the AGM itself as a C15 horn was being difficult to get going at the time! Overall there seemed to be a good friendly atmosphere, met "niloc" saw "dancer" he seemed quite busy too Ian ( Stockley) supplied Pam with G&T so she enjoyed it too! Met lots of new and old customers all of whom seemed happy with their lot.
    I took a new R25, huge bed, very easy to use, nice quiet ride on the Motorway, could have done with a smaller table ( quite hard to get my slim body round the end of it to get out) but overall a nice thing to camp in.
    Ant

Comment

Over 120 vans, over 200 people and every type of van you can think of that Island Plastics or Romahome ever made. There were even four Romini caravans! My first Meet and there were lots of SMH people there, including a dancing Twinkletoes who called the bluff of the brass band conductor who asked ladies to come and dance - and didn't expect any.
      Amazing amount of information we gleaned on both our van and the opinion of the dealers. Take a bow Ant, everybody was full of praise of the service you give. One thing that stuck out like a sore thumb was the number of problems people had, on all types of van, with their batteries. And mostly being told 'this is the first one we have heard of' or' you should be using a trickle charger if you don't use the van every week'.
      On the other side there were just so many tweeks and modifications to admire and learn from. I probably saved three years subscription with just the information I picked up.
      I met the Executive to put forward some ideas on publicity and was co opted on to the Commmittee to 'put my money where my mouth is'. The new Committee seems to have attracted back some old members and everything now is very positive for growing the Club. So if any of the SMH family have a Romahome it looks like we can expect an exploration of how the Club,SMH and Romahome can work together more closely in the future for all our benefits. I hope to be part of that discussion, and having discussed it with Brian Bailey, I know he has no intention of restarting a Forum on his website.
      Looking good Folks, hope to see you all at the Suffolk Meet, just have to tie up some dates first.
      Colin

Comment

just got back

A fantastic rally, loads of Romas, Gill Teague said it was the biggest rally they had for some time! Weather was great-always helps, everyone so very friendley, it could take 1 hour walking back from the loo so many to talk to.
        Wihelmina? turned up with her accordian and duetted with Brian, another accordian player.
        Bedford Brass Band, on saturday, and the Booze brothers on Sunday.
        They played their hearts out.
        Romahome provided a good ploughmans lunch on saturday and a cracking good fish and chip van arrived in the evening. Tea, Coffee, cake and biscuits in abundance.
        About 12 members of this forum present. A great time had by all, I loved it, looking forward to the next meet.
        Ian
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Sounds as if all had a good meet, we really will have to attend next year and see for ourselves.

Poor Ant sounds like you didn't see much sunshine stuck under various vans.

Congratulations to Colin on joining the committee, I am sure you will bring a lot of enthusiasm and experience to the club, just what is needed. Interesting to read your comments about Romaclub, Small Motorhome and Romahome working closely together in the future, we would certainly welcome that and await developments with bated breath.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Agm meet

What a fantastic weekend, as it always is, pretty much a gree with all the comments that have already been said, great to meet up with old a new friends, i was busy much of the weekend fixing and tuning tvs in and other things, looking forward to the next roma meetings quite a few this year.
            see you all soon.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yep, a really great meet. We arrived late Friday due to not using the M25 and M11 (Bad mistake ) and caught lots of road works plus turning South instead of North at one point (Never before have we made such bad navigation decisions). It's a Sat-Nav for us, when I have investigated them.

We really enjoyed meeting so many Roma-homers and the hospitality and entertainment was first class.

We stopped off at Slough to visit an old friend so after leaving Comberton at 10.30 am did not get home until 7.30p.m. but it was worth it.

We are looking forward to when we can join a meet again.

Ann and Eileen

Comment

Agm

What a brilliant weekend.Brian gave a really interesting talk on the history of Island Plastics. So many vans, so many fellow romahomers to catch up with a walk to the shower block took all morning. Booze Brothers entertainment on Sunday night was great - such a change from the usual - lets have more like it. Just one question why didn't dancer get up to dance>?
                Agree the club needs new life to sustain the old life. Stand still and you don't get anywhere.

Comment

Hi Doro, i was dancing outside, and i only dance to northern soul, prefrably on a wooden dance floor, what a great weekend, there are plenty more romahome meetings this year so no excuse lets see you all.

Comment

Originally posted by DORA View Post
                    What a brilliant weekend.Brian gave a really interesting talk on the history of Island Plastics. So many vans, so many fellow romahomers to catch up with a walk to the shower block took all morning. Booze Brothers entertainment on Sunday night was great - such a change from the usual - lets have more like it. Just one question why didn't dancer get up to dance>?
                    Agree the club needs new life to sustain the old life. Stand still and you don't get anywhere.
                    Hello Dora and welcome,did we meet at the AGM?
                    In fairness to the lad, he seems to have spent most of his time at the AGM sorting out other peoples problems, by the time the dancing arrived I would guess he was pretty knackered.
                    One really nice thing about the folk in this forum is that they are so willing to help.Well done Dancer me lad, p.s wheres me piccy? Ho Ho
                    Ian

Comment

Hi everyone
                      We had a fantastic time at Comberton, super to meet some of you, and to be able to put faces to names now. It was our first meet and it was amazing to see so many Romahomes together. Everyone was really friendly and made us feel so welcome, among friends. Looking forward to the meet on the Isle of Wight in September, and I know lots of you will be there. The Orchards site is really good, and it has an indoor and outdoor swimming pool. I think they're organising a trip to Romahome factory at Cowes, very interesting to visit.

We stopped off at Chichester on the way home. The CCC site is small and compact, but very well maintained with good facilities. It's in an old orchard and the trees were in blossom, and a pair of great tits nesting in a hollow tree trunk right next to our pitch.

Off to Derbyshire next week, for another holiday!
                      Mary
                      :sunshine:

Comment

problem with chichester

Originally posted by Annie van View Post
                        Hi everyone
                        We had a fantastic time at Comberton, super to meet some of you, and to be able to put faces to names now. It was our first meet and it was amazing to see so many Romahomes together. Everyone was really friendly and made us feel so welcome, among friends. Looking forward to the meet on the Isle of Wight in September, and I know lots of you will be there. The Orchards site is really good, and it has an indoor and outdoor swimming pool. I think they're organising a trip to Romahome factory at Cowes, very interesting to visit.

We stopped off at Chichester on the way home. The CCC site is small and compact, but very well maintained with good facilities. It's in an old orchard and the trees were in blossom, and a pair of great tits nesting in a hollow tree trunk right next to our pitch.

Off to Derbyshire next week, for another holiday!
                        Mary

Hi all
                        Chichester is a lovely site,BUT,it is surrounded on three sides by a private site and the owner has regular pop music gigs which are VERY VERY loud and go on all b****y night. absolute hell.nothing the club can do.the warden thinks the private site is trying to force C&CC to sell to them.
                        Beware!
                        Ian

Comment

childs play

Thanks ian for your support on the dancing subject, here is that photo, it was taken on the mobile so quality may not be all that good.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dancer View Post
                            Thanks ian for your support on the dancing subject, here is that photo, it was taken on the mobile so quality may not be all that good.
                            Thats why I am one of the "swinging" voters
                            It looks like it was pouring with rain, but thats not how it was, the weather was very good.Graham says we always get good weather on a SMHForum meet.
                            See you at the next meet Dancer, I am going to Morton in Marsh, love the place.
                            Ian

Comment

Yes fantastic few days, great to see so many Romahomes old and new, Ant was kept busy, what would we do without him? met plenty new friends and good to see old ones from other rallys, a good time was had by all, looking forward to next years.
                              Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                              'Live without regrets'

Comment

We were also there

We arrived fairly late on the Friday and so were dispatched onto the very top field (aka the outer reaches of the galaxy) where we actually enjoyed the best view on the site, huge open skies, skylarks singing in the still blue sky, peace - perfect peace.

Consequently we may not have met many of the other forummers, who equally may not have known we were there.

My impressions, as a first timer, were of a well organised rally with something to suit everybody. Obviously the old saying about not being able to please all the people all the time is true about rallies like this as well as life in general.

Apart from the AGM itself, with the usual sitting on hands and examining the floor when volunteers were called for, there was;

A trip to the local National Trust property (which we ducked out of, cycling into Cambridge and onto Milton Country Park instead)

the Bedford Brass band on Saturday evening

the service on Sunday morning attended by about a third of those present

the boot fair which I missed owing to spending too long chatting and drinking coffee in our van with other "old" aquaintances

The Sunday evening entertainment was however NOT to our taste (too loud for my hearing) and not my choice of material

All in all though a very good weekend

Well done to all involved

Barry
                                Last edited by barry5; 23-05-2010, 16:07. Reason: spelling

Comment