Announcement

Collapse

Keep it friendly folks

We are noticing an increased amount of posts that are in danger of generating a “flame fest” that is an argument between two or more members.

Please can we all be respectful to each other and stop making nasty comments and jibes, any posts that admin and moderators consider to be inflammatory will be deleted without warning or comment.
See more
See less

Boston Romaclub meet

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boston Romaclub meet

Anyone who went to the Boston Romaclub meet fancy telling us all about it? Dancer, Gadgetman? Anyone?

Never been to a Romaclub meet although we are members, so would be interested to hear your views.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

boston roma club meet

Hi Graham

The meet was at ivy house camp site frieston ings, near boston and about 25 miles from skegness, a lovely little 6 van site with a small rally field which could fit another 20/30 units, a very secluded site very peacefull, EHU, toilets, showers, kitchen facilities, microwave, everything you could wish for, a well kept and cared for site. The owner is a railway buff from what i gatherd also a keen animal lover, there were rabbits, geese, peacocks, all running around freely, in one of the out buildings there were televisions showing live recordings of owls, birds, hedghogs and other animals he had around the farm,great for any children and animal lovers.
    There were 9 vans in total from the roma club, hi lows, C15, solo, sunseeker, outlooks, duo, Dimention, and for a couple of them it was there first meeting, so in the past 2 weeks i have met a least 4 new romahomers so there popularity is definatly gaining.
    The meet started on friday, we arrived saturday, on saturday night we had a barbacue, a bit chilly but the company and food took your mind of the chill, sunday me and denise had a day out in skegness very busy, sunday night we had another get together in the function room plenty of drink was taken we played a few games, had a quiz, i didnt win, and we had a good natter, and monday, (today) we said our goodbys and headed home, a few were going to stay but the wind started to pick up, so we all headed off home, out of the 9 vans that were at the meet at least 6 of us will meet up again at the roma agm meeting on the 14 of may at comberton.
    So all in all it was a great weekend we thouroughly enjoyed every moment of it, so i say to you all, get out there as ofton as you can and meet up with like minded people, you cant beat it, so we want to see more of you at these meetings, (Graham and Pauline) will look out for you all at the agm and future events, if you see me at the agm or need any help or info come over for a chat, i wont be hard to find just look for the number plate that says DANCER.

I have added some photos of the meet that took place this weekend.

Dancer
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Night Owl; 03-05-2010, 23:54.

Comment

Thanks Steve, sounds really good, I like the sound of the site, could be a good venue for a future SMH meet.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Sounds like you all had a good time!

Is that Gadgetman I see there? I'm not sure as I can't really recognise him without his awning!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X