This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moreton in the Marsh

Gander will be at this meet. Living in hope there will be some damson wine left to bring. Thanks for help from Mr & Mrs. Dancer. Be in touch

I'm guessing this is in reference to the romaclub meet there in June?? Its a lovely site, we've just had a week there. The road noise is supposedly a little intrusive if you are near to it but we pitched we at the other side of the site. I'm guessing if its a rally you may well all be pitched together anyway. Nice easy stroll into the village to find highly recommended cream tea's!!!

EDIT:- forgot to mention the name of the tea shop -Martha's - on the main road. They have a dog friendly rear courtyard too, the staff were very friendly and the cream teas were worth a return visit or 2!!!
    Last edited by glenw; 23-05-2010, 16:53.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

hi gander, yes dont forget the wine, we are hoping to make the meet, so hopefully see you both there,
      steve & denise .

aka mr & mrs dancer

Comment

I've just checked my calendar and can't make Morton-in-Marrch. I have to do pennance (speed awareness course) that week as I was accidentally speeding (really) and got caught when returning from Wolverley. I'm trying very hard to be good and not speed but missed the sign as someone carved me up, then stopped to turn right. Ann

Comment

Great Rally

Superb rally, hosted by our very own Petal.
          Roasting hot sunshine all week, evening get togethers organised by Petal, and drinks and cake and biccys provided by various members.
          Nice countryside, good local walks, the Tuesday market was excellant and the Thursday W.I market created interest.
          members visited Stow on the Wold, Boughton on the water, Batsford arboretum,Sezingcote gardens, and Burford.
          Some went as far as Solihull.
          Tilly`s teashop did a good tea and light lunch with excellant cakes, and the Sun inn did great steaks.
          The local curry shop delivered to the site on friday night and the curries were very good.
          Well done Petal, you were great.
          Roll on the next rally
          Ian
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Ian

Sounds like it was lovely, did they get many people going? Sounds like you had the weather we have had this last week it's been lovely, I think it was pretty much general all over the country.

Well done Petal, it's hard organising a rally.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
              Hi Ian

Sounds like it was lovely, did they get many people going? Sounds like you had the weather we have had this last week it's been lovely, I think it was pretty much general all over the country.

Well done Petal, it's hard organising a rally.
              I didnt count, but I was told 27 members, about 14/15 outfits, made up of 1..demountable, 1..R40, 1..dimension, and all the rest in Hi/lows and Hitops,
              Oh and Eileens suzuki!
              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                Superb rally, hosted by our very own Petal.
                I'm really envious, it sounds a great rally,: thumbsup: just wish we could have come. At the moment we have a Folk Dance and Song Group meet near Fordingbridge on 16th to 19th July so nice and close, then The Isle of Wight from 20 September to 27th at the Orchards so we'll be well and truly settled in by the time the Roma Rally starts.
                Hope to see lots of you there. Ann and Eileen

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X