X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spoony
    replied
    rear springs Thanyou for the info

I am going to fit spring assistors instead of new rear coil springs as it seems to be the easier option and getting the correct tool nigh on imposible.so.graysons website here we go .Regards michael

Leave a comment:

• peterholden
    replied
    DIY fitting of spring assisters is definitely possible providing you use common sense and support the vehicle on axle stands. About 30 to 45 minutes without rushing.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• Ian.C.S
    replied
    I have just had new spring assistors fitted by my local garage to my R20 Berligo and it was a doddle of a job by all accounts,got the springs from Graystons,via Romahome who put £25 on the price!!! Buy direct from graystons and they come with fitting instructions and spring cups.

Leave a comment:

• Caz
    replied
    My garage have recommended that I get my old 1991 C15 undersealed this year before winter sets in - is it worth it on such an old vehicle?

Leave a comment:

• peterholden
    replied
    Torsion bars on Berlingo, springs on C15s, vans or campers.

Haynes manuals have some good diagrams.

The Berlingo setup is the same as the Pug 406 estate and the C15 is the same as an earlier Pug estate.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• spoony
    replied
    rusty

yes you do live and learn but the good thing is i can weld and have all the equipment at work to do the job so not really a problem . Sorting the rear springs is as i will have to make a tool to get them off and new ones on that will be fun ,but that is the joy of running a romahome . As a mechanic i always said i would never buy a french vehicle they are a pain to work on i was right but as you get older you still make mistakes.regards michael

Leave a comment:

• holly
    replied
    RUSTY

In the 4 years that i owned my first C15 romahome , i spent £ 400 on welding to get it through various MOTs . i never spent anything else cept servicing and tyres . the second one i owned i was wiser and looked for one that had been undersealed from new . you live and learn ??? HOLLY

Leave a comment:

• spoony
    replied
    rear springs

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
    The rear suspension is not a conversion but a bit of lateral thinking that is typical Citroen. It may though have spring assisters made by either Grayston or MAD.

Peter
    if you punch in the reg numbers the setup comes back as torsion bar on all there models this one does not have them but only springs.i will check out Grayston and MAD thanx for that michael

Leave a comment:

• peterholden
    replied
    The rear suspension is not a conversion but a bit of lateral thinking that is typical Citroen. It may though have spring assisters made by either Grayston or MAD.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• spoony
    started a topic our little girl roma

our little girl roma

Well ithought i would take roma into the workshop today as we did not have much to do. Put her on the ramp and lifted her up to have a look at the back springs they were rusty and weak .I phoned around and found out that the spring setup is a conversion and citroen can get them in 7 to 10 days from france at a cost of 80 pounds plus vat per side. Someone must do them here cheaper any info would make this grumpy old man happy. Allso noticed these citroen c15ds are rusty old motors indeed ,she will need some serious welding before the next mot but that will not stop me from going to Borth in two weeks to learn how to use a kite and buggy thanks to sis in law and husband for that little gem of an idea A and E not to far away i hope regards Michael.