X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions re: our new R20

Hoping someone can help.

At last got our new R20 but have a few little niggles. I will be getting in touch with dealer tomorrow but would just like to check a couple of things first.

On our Hilo the side flaps kitchen end used to sit flat - the ones in our new van slope downwards so things roll off unless I prop it up with a towel underneath. I know not too put heavy things on them when cooking but do like untesils that I am using to stay in place. Would you say that they are not adjusted properly?

The gas bottle is now a 3.9kg propane instead of camping gaz and although it is a snug fit in the locker should it still have a restraining strap like our old one used to?

This is a couple of things I am wondering whether to add to my list or am I being pickie. Would appreciate any comments.
    Moya :)

I think the flaps should sit flat, I am suprised that they sent the van out like that.

I personally wouldn't worry about the gas bottle not having a strap.

Enjoy your new van
    Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Originally posted by Moya View Post
      Hoping someone can help.

At last got our new R20 but have a few little niggles. I will be getting in touch with dealer tomorrow but would just like to check a couple of things first.

On our Hilo the side flaps kitchen end used to sit flat - the ones in our new van slope downwards so things roll off unless I prop it up with a towel underneath. I know not too put heavy things on them when cooking but do like untesils that I am using to stay in place. Would you say that they are not adjusted properly?

The gas bottle is now a 3.9kg propane instead of camping gaz and although it is a snug fit in the locker should it still have a restraining strap like our old one used to?

This is a couple of things I am wondering whether to add to my list or am I being pickie. Would appreciate any comments.
      Hello moya,
      No you are not being picky, all gas canisters should be strapped - fullstop!

I have the same problem with the flap table wings, they should not sag and should take the reasonable weight of full cooking pots.
      it is dangerous if they slope as someone could be scalded.
      it should be easy for a dealer to correct.

Hope this encourages you.

Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks for that Derek & Ian. I think after having another look that if the black straps at the back of the flaps were altered they would sit flatter.

I have asked Ant in his section about the gas restraining strap just to make sure.

As you said Derek I too am surprised that it was handed over as it was but I am sure it will be sorted. Maybe they are rushing things because they have got busy and the checks aren't as stringent as they used to be. We had no problems with quality etc. when we bought our Duo Hylo from them brand new in 2005.
        Moya :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X