This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waterproof canopy

Well we are getting used to our Dimension now that we have had a few weeks away in her. I have edited this because I have now found out that the awning can be used in the rain so it means we can roll it out just a few inches or so in rain to stop the seats getting wet.

Does anyone have the sides etc to make it into a privacy room? Does anyone have the storm straps and are they effective in reasonable winds?

Would appreciate any feedback.
    Last edited by Flo; 30-06-2010, 15:24.

When we got our van it had a privacy room with it but we tried it once and decided to sell it as it wasn't really much good for us. It was such a lot of trouble putting it up and then when we wanted to go out we had to take it down again.

We now have a windbreak which we put round the fiamma roll out awning and that works quite well when we haven't got the movelite awning up. (see pic).

I wouldn't recommend leaving it out in the wind although we have use four tent pegs to peg the legs down if it is a bit breezy.

Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Graham, agree it would be a bit of a pain taking it all down to pop out for the forgotten newspaper or the like! Think we will stick with the windbreak.

Comment

We too have the privacy room for our motorhome and totally agree with Graham, if you are planning on leaving site, the hastle of putting up and taking it down just really isn't worth it. But, we generally leave our van in-situ and travel from site on bikes, foot or bus so then we do put it up to give us more room and storage should we need it, plus its great to sit in to eat or have an evening drink or 2!! When the little one finally arrives it should also make an excellent playroom!
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Thanks for the advice and we have decided not to get one but just use the awning. I hope you have all in place in your van for the little one. I have seen tiny tiny babies on campsites so no excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
            I hope you have all in place in your van for the little one. I have seen tiny tiny babies on campsites so no excuses.

The van is definately more organised for the little one than our house is!!!
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X