This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romas rear end

I looked at this job from all angles ,today i decided to have ago at the nearside as this is was the most worn of the two. At 4pm after a days graft i put roma on the ramp, now i only have an old pair of Sykes Pickavant spring clamps i put these on the spring and then lowered the car down onto two body stands placed under the chassis this held the spring tight and released it from the arm . I removed the brake pipe,handbrake cable the long bolt and wiggled the arm out i then put it into a vice and took two hours to remove what was left of the old bearings and bits it was rust and not much else ,only the bolt and nut was keeping the arm on the vehicle. Well refitting it all back onto the vehicle is a lot easier refit the arm reconnect the handbrake cable, brake pipe and refit the spring arm lift the vehicle up and bleed the brakes. 4hrs from start to finish. Friday i am going to have a go at changing the otherside ,i will say that using spring clamps ment for normal springs is not for the faint hearted and you do need all the kit to be in a position to carry out this work ,i would not do it without a ramp and air tools and stands. Regards Michael.
widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X