Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much does a demounted Romahome weigh?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much does a demounted Romahome weigh?

I've demounted the Romahome for the winter. The supplied jacks look a bit flimsy and as I will leave it standing the whole winter with maybe a few gales, I thought I'd get some extra supports or trestles. So the key issue is how much does it weigh demounted? Of course, having seats and other stuff on board will add to the weight. Also, any idea about what type of supports to use - was thinking of trestles.

We have a 53 plate Suzuki Carry pick-up onto which we put either a Fibreglass Luton Box, for my work or our Romahome Pod for Weekends and Holidays.

I made up a couple of trestles out of 4" x 2" time bolted together and hinged.
    These are put under the front end of the romahom when off of the pick-up and up against the jacking plates and raised as necessary.
    I also put a fence post across the top of the trestle to level it up and fit pegs against the bottom of the legs to stop them slipping.
    Even with the high winds we have had here (near Dover, Kent) over the weekend its remained rock solid,

When the romahome pod is on the pick-up i also use 4 adjustable straps,P1010600.jpgP1010601.jpg4.jpg attached to ground anchours (spiral steel anchours) to secure the work pod, as this only sits on four jacking legs.

Comment

Sorry I cannot tell you, but I think that it would be a good idea to get your vehicle weighed (lots of public weighbridges around) before you replace your pod.
      Then, when you have the pod re-mounted for next season, weigh it again, and make a note of the difference for future reference.
      Of course it all depends on what you leave in and what you remove - probably more than you would guess!
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Just found a sales broucher for a "back Pack" made by island plastics.

Looks much like the Romahome Pod but shorter, without the lower section at the back and fitted with a roller shutter.

Island Plastics state the weight as 110kg

Island-Plastics Bak--Pak.jpg

Comment