X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R40 mirrors

Hi

Has any R40 owner managed to overcome the useless mirrors? We bought some that were recommended by either the Caravan Club or the Caravan and Camping Club, but they are not great. They stick on the van's mirrors. Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has found a really good set. Already spent £40 - don't want to waste any more!

Regards

Chris

Hi Christine
    I am not sure if the stick on mirrors you bought were the things called 'Suck it and see' (or something similar). I bought them, both convex, and have been very happy with the view they give me, and the fact I can adjust them with the electric mirrors. About every 4 or 5 months they fall off, but held on by elastic, if I don't remember to take them off, clean the glass and replace them. Have a look on the SM website (at top of page) for my report on the R40 and pictures of the mirrors. At Woverly another R40 owner had stuck D shaped reversing mirrors on the end of his Citroen ones and they worked well.
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by christine.tinley View Post
      Hi

Has any R40 owner managed to overcome the useless mirrors? We bought some that were recommended by either the Caravan Club or the Caravan and Camping Club, but they are not great. They stick on the van's mirrors. Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has found a really good set. Already spent £40 - don't want to waste any more!

Regards

Chris
      Hi
      I also find the mirrors to be poor and the tiny blindspot mirror provided by Freeborn pitted due to salt in the air here on the coast.

I bought a set of wide angle mirrors from Riversway(Preston) which are made by Hercules and fit on top of the dispatch mirrors and you screw them tight onto the plastic edging. This gives me a better wider angle view and is OK for the blind spot but could be improved upon I think. I actually bought them in the store and at the time they were the only ones in stock and I wanted them straight away but I have seen on the Riversway website where they also had ones which fit on to the sides of the vans mirrors, I think in the same way. These would probably be better if they would fit. I saw a chap in an R40 on the tulip rally in Spalding and he had ones which fitted on the sides which looked just like the Riversway ones so I assume they'd be OK.
      May be worth checking out their website for a look.

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoodle View Post
        Hi
        I also find the mirrors to be poor and the tiny blindspot mirror provided by Freeborn pitted due to salt in the air here on the coast.

I bought a set of wide angle mirrors from Riversway(Preston) which are made by Hercules and fit on top of the dispatch mirrors and you screw them tight onto the plastic edging. This gives me a better wider angle view and is OK for the blind spot but could be improved upon I think. I actually bought them in the store and at the time they were the only ones in stock and I wanted them straight away but I have seen on the Riversway website where they also had ones which fit on to the sides of the vans mirrors, I think in the same way. These would probably be better if they would fit. I saw a chap in an R40 on the tulip rally in Spalding and he had ones which fitted on the sides which looked just like the Riversway ones so I assume they'd be OK.
        May be worth checking out their website for a look.

Janet
        How about a pair of those "magic" look-behind-you glasses they used to sell when I was a kid!

Ian
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X