This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nova mini trilogy awning

Has anyone any experience of using this awning with a Hylo? We have the R20 version and I can't work out how the tunnel would fit, in all other respects this would be a brilliant awning for us. Nova do a bigger version, which is far too large for our needs. Grateful for any advice!

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
    Has anyone any experience of using this awning with a Hylo? We have the R20 version and I can't work out how the tunnel would fit, in all other respects this would be a brilliant awning for us. Nova do a bigger version, which is far too large for our needs. Grateful for any advice!
    OK, you should be ok, the tunnel will fit over your hilo when closed down then if you fit short bungees to the front bottomcorners of the tunnel you can extend it upwards when you open your hilo and all should be well. You may be able to use ladder rack type rubber straps instead of bungees, whichever is easier for you. You dont live in the tunnel,its just to keep the rain off while you step into the tent, so you can fettle it to adapt.
    Its cheaper that way. My last awning was fettled to fit, it worked fine.
    Good luck and happy camping.
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks Ian, this forum is just wonderful, and I really appreciate your prompt response. The Movelite was my choice after your previous advice, but then came across this at Bowen Awnings whilst searching for anywhere that might have the Movelite in stock (due in nearly everywhere at the end of July). The Nova is so quick to erect would probably use it even on one night stops to cope with wet dog, and somewhere to put the loo. We are very used to Khayam tents and could cope with an Ultradome single handed so think the Nova will be relatively straightforward. I like the lower height as I think it will be more stable in a high wind, and if it was really bad could close the van roof down and secure the awning more tightly against it. We are both under 5'4", so it shouldn't be too uncomfortable, and will open up as a small gazebo in hot weather. We certainly don't need to live in the tunnel!
      Thanks very much, I'll post how we get on with it.

Comment

If you are still unsure there is a Movelite available in our accessories store here: http://astore.amazon.co.uk/smallmoca...ail/B001TM7JV6 its a lot cheaper than the one you are looking at.

It's very similar to the one we use we have a video here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Smallmot.../0/MA16a0B7LWE
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Graham, I should have looked in the accessories shop earlier! We have decided to go with the Nova at the moment - pricey, but meets our immediate needs of an annexe for the loo which we would be able to erect even on one nighters - we'd probably think twice about erecting the Movelite. (The dog sleeps in a crate in the R20, which does not leave a lot of space for the loo as well) However as the Nova is small I could see us becoming 2 awning owners in the future, using the Nova for one nighters, and a Movelite, with its added advantage of an inner tent, for longer stays. I'll certainly go straight to the accessories shop then.

Comment

Glad you are sorted. You'll have to post some pictures when you get it set up on your van and we'll look out for you on campsites and say hello.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

The nova looks like a very good awning and is lighter in weight than the khyam.... you can buy generic inner tents which may fit ....

Would be interested to see how you get on.

Comment

Nova arriving on Wednesday, hopefully, so will keep you posted. It is pricey, but if it is as convenient as we hope, it will be well worth it. As you say, lighter than the Khayam, and a generic inner tent may make it absolutely ideal. I guess we won't really know until we've tried it out.

Comment

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
                  Nova arriving on Wednesday, hopefully, so will keep you posted. It is pricey, but if it is as convenient as we hope, it will be well worth it. As you say, lighter than the Khayam, and a generic inner tent may make it absolutely ideal. I guess we won't really know until we've tried it out.
                  Hello again Von,
                  Go to --- www.romaclub.org.uk ---
                  Go to members section ( it opens even if you are not a member)
                  go to ,onsite,
                  the first photo is a hilo like yours fitted to a small dome as you intend, it clearly works fine.
                  Happy Camping
                  Ian
                  Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks Ian, had a look and was reassured!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X