Clear All

• VonUK
    replied
    That made me laugh!

Leave a comment:

• Ian.C.S
    replied
    Originally posted by VonUK View Post
    I had heard of the legendary interest Romahomes generate in the world in general, and experienced it myself in three separate, very pleasant encounters when I took the dog for a walk in a local country park today. I'm used to the pup receiving a lot of attention, 4 months old, spaniel/poodle cross known generally as Whatamess, and far too cute for her own good, but my car has never held such attraction before! I had a long chat with one guy, who was walking a Staffy and 2 border terriers, to find that one of the terriers plays Eccles in Coronation Street, she is an absolute sweetheart, and another to add to my obscure claims to fame. One of the others was having a drink in the local pub with the man who invented Hedgehog flavoured crisps, and hearing the full story of how they came about. I lead a rich and varied life!

Just re read this - 'one of the others' refers to my claim to fame, not one of the other dogs! Lleft it as it was, thought it might amuse - I have a Paul Merton vision of a small brown border terrier propping up the bar with a matching pint of brown ale.
    a dog goes into a pub,stands up against the bar and to everyones surprise asks for a pint of brown.
    The landlord says "we dont get many dogs asking for a pint in here"
    "Im not surpprised," said the dog "with the prices you charge."

HeeHeeHarHarHoHo --harumph sorry about that

Ian

Leave a comment:

• VonUK
    started a topic Magnetism of a Romahome - a celebrity encounter

Magnetism of a Romahome - a celebrity encounter

I had heard of the legendary interest Romahomes generate in the world in general, and experienced it myself in three separate, very pleasant encounters when I took the dog for a walk in a local country park today. I'm used to the pup receiving a lot of attention, 4 months old, spaniel/poodle cross known generally as Whatamess, and far too cute for her own good, but my car has never held such attraction before! I had a long chat with one guy, who was walking a Staffy and 2 border terriers, to find that one of the terriers plays Eccles in Coronation Street, she is an absolute sweetheart, and another to add to my obscure claims to fame. One of the others was having a drink in the local pub with the man who invented Hedgehog flavoured crisps, and hearing the full story of how they came about. I lead a rich and varied life!

Just re read this - 'one of the others' refers to my claim to fame, not one of the other dogs! Lleft it as it was, thought it might amuse - I have a Paul Merton vision of a small brown border terrier propping up the bar with a matching pint of brown ale.
    Last edited by VonUK; 19-07-2010, 16:08.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X