X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leisure battery charging

Hi guys

A simple question which no doubt most of you know the answer to but I can't see it in my manual......

What charges the leisure battery? The car engine, or hook-up?

Yours in ignorance,
    GypsyMe

Originally posted by GypsyMe View Post
    Hi guys

A simple question which no doubt most of you know the answer to but I can't see it in my manual......

What charges the leisure battery? The car engine, or hook-up?

Yours in ignorance,
    GypsyMe
    I think the leisure battery is charged while driving and when plugged into electric hook up. I expect someone else will be along soon to verify this.
    Moya :)

Comment

Since you mention "car engine" I assume you are talking about a caravan. There are a variety of answers to this:-

Only if the car is suitably equipped (wired, usually with a split-level relay ) can it charge the leisure battery and that is assuming (as is normally so these days) your leisure battery is connected to the appropriate tow-plug pin.
      If your van is equipped with a master control WITH CHARGER the battery will charge during hook-up. Otherwise you can charge with a trickle charger connected to the hook-up. But make sure there is ample ventilation to disperse battery gasses (Hydrogen can go bang!).

EDIT! Please ignore this post. I have tried unsuccessfully to delete it. I have since read other posts of yours and I realise your interest is in a Romahome, not a caravan. I have no real first hand experience of motorhomes and I do not think of them as "cars".

Sorry, Jim.
      Last edited by Twolitre; 22-07-2010, 12:32.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I think I remember you mentioned you had an Romahome Outlook. The leisure battery is charging whilst you are driving and also when you are on electric hook up.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks Moya and Graham, and thanks for trying to help, Jim.....

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X