As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leisure battery charging

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deactivated user
    replied
    Thanks Moya and Graham, and thanks for trying to help, Jim.....

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    I think I remember you mentioned you had an Romahome Outlook. The leisure battery is charging whilst you are driving and also when you are on electric hook up.

Leave a comment:

• Twolitre
    replied
    Since you mention "car engine" I assume you are talking about a caravan. There are a variety of answers to this:-

Only if the car is suitably equipped (wired, usually with a split-level relay ) can it charge the leisure battery and that is assuming (as is normally so these days) your leisure battery is connected to the appropriate tow-plug pin.
    If your van is equipped with a master control WITH CHARGER the battery will charge during hook-up. Otherwise you can charge with a trickle charger connected to the hook-up. But make sure there is ample ventilation to disperse battery gasses (Hydrogen can go bang!).

EDIT! Please ignore this post. I have tried unsuccessfully to delete it. I have since read other posts of yours and I realise your interest is in a Romahome, not a caravan. I have no real first hand experience of motorhomes and I do not think of them as "cars".

Sorry, Jim.
    Last edited by Twolitre; 22-07-2010, 13:32.

Leave a comment:

• Moya
    replied
    Originally posted by GypsyMe View Post
    Hi guys

A simple question which no doubt most of you know the answer to but I can't see it in my manual......

What charges the leisure battery? The car engine, or hook-up?

Yours in ignorance,
    GypsyMe
    I think the leisure battery is charged while driving and when plugged into electric hook up. I expect someone else will be along soon to verify this.

Leave a comment:

• Deactivated user
    started a topic leisure battery charging

leisure battery charging

Hi guys

A simple question which no doubt most of you know the answer to but I can't see it in my manual......

What charges the leisure battery? The car engine, or hook-up?

Yours in ignorance,
    GypsyMe

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X