X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

storage on r10

Hi everyone
    This is my first post on any forum at all - so hope I've got it right!
    I am thinking of buying an r10 (my first motorhome) , and was quite enchanted with the one I went to see (also saw the Doblo Dynamic but didn't like the way the bed filled the space). However, when I got home I began to wonder where I could put my gear if on a long trip. Has anyone got any tips about how to fit stuff in? I'd like to hide as much as possible for security reasons, when it is parked. I am getting on and a bit short too - is the movelite awning easy to set up?
    You all sound like a great bunch; I look forward to meeting you some time!
    TG

Hi TG

Welcome to the forum, I know you have been lurking for a bit so glad you have plucked up courage and made our forum your first post, you will find that we don't bite.

I would say by our experience that that the movelite awning would be a bit difficult for one person but not impossible. Have you seen my video of how to put it up. Have a look HERE it might help you decide.

Hopefully someone with experience of an R10 will be able to help you with your other questions.

Happy camping.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

hello TG, hope you get the answers you are looking for...
      Jessie

Comment

Hi from me too!

There are a number of members here with convertible campers, I'm sure they will be along to help you later!

I found the movelite hard to start with, but with practice it has become quite easy! I'm only 5ft tall and manage quite well. Although it's easier if someone offers to help!

Comment

Hello TG. Welcome and hope you get the answers. We have a Movelite and I need help just at the end to stand it up once poles are in but reckon with practice might be able to do it alone. The little R10s look really fantastic and apparently they are selling well.

Comment

Hello TG.
            We use a Wheelhome Nissan Serena and in my experience you do find some quite creative ways of storing things, I too was slightly wary of having things 'on display' when touring and parking up. However we haven't had a problem as we've probably got better at disguising items and selecting our parking spots too.
            Incidentally I think that there is an R10 still for sale on Ebay, it might be worth your while to have a look or make enquiries about it! If its any good it would represent a big saving!

Anyhow good fortune with whatever route you choose.
            Andyvan

Comment

Hi TG welcome to the forum.

We saw the R10 on site at the Roma club rally. It's a super little van, ideal for all occasions. Good luck in your search for your first motor home. I'm sure you'll love it just as much as we all do. Mary
              :sunshine:

Comment

Hi TG,

This is also my first post to any forum. I am just swapping from a 4x4 car and caravan to a Romahome R30 so also investigated additional storage. The best that I could find was the quechua base tent, goes up in 5 seconds and much cheaper than motorhome awnings. Packs away in less than 5 minutes, although the first time was interesting! New ones sold on ebay.

I camp solo with two very small dogs who will also now have to leave some of their toys at home!

Theresa

Comment

Hello Theresa

Welcome to the forum.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

quechua base tent alternative to awning

Thanks for all your replies to my query about awning for the r10; I have had a look at the quechua base tent, Theresa, and think that it is an excellent idea! I am still scratching my head about storage space on such a tiny vehicle; but will have to think about the 'disguised' options. I just hope that I can get going on the road this year - having travelled everywhere in my imagination for the past month or so!
                    Happy travelling
                    TG

Comment

Hi Theresa and welcome to the friendly forum.

Have fun Romahoming!
                      Mary
                      :sunshine:

Comment

Originally posted by TG View Post
                        Thanks for all your replies to my query about awning for the r10; I have had a look at the quechua base tent, Theresa, and think that it is an excellent idea! I am still scratching my head about storage space on such a tiny vehicle; but will have to think about the 'disguised' options. I just hope that I can get going on the road this year - having travelled everywhere in my imagination for the past month or so!
                        Happy travelling
                        TG
                        TG

Have just bought the Quechua Base Seconds from Decathlon, they are on special offer at the moment for £49.99. The groundsheet is £9.99.
                        You can also buy the inner tent for sleeping which is £29.99.
                        Decathlon stores are few and far between however.
                        Dying to try it on site, but must practise putting it down otherwise may provide some comedy moments for other campers.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/video-quechua-57109757/

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Hi Anchorman,

There is a clip on youtube re putting the quechua tent away. The crucial thing is not to let it twist (as it wants to) when you are folding it down. Then it is quite easy for one person to do, although that's not what I thought when I first tried!

Theresa

Comment

Hmmn wouldn't mind one of those for £49.99 - I've been on the Decathlon site, but cant see the Base seconds for any price other than 149.99!

Comment

Jayjay

Have a look on this page.....

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/family...nts-116275864/

Got ours from Lakeside store next to Dartford Bridge.

Tony Anchorman

Edit: Seems to be hit and miss on their website

Select on store locator e.g. South/Lakeside and there it is £49.99
                              Last edited by anchorman; 31-07-2010, 20:31.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X