Announcement

Collapse

Keep it friendly folks

We are noticing an increased amount of posts that are in danger of generating a “flame fest” that is an argument between two or more members.

Please can we all be respectful to each other and stop making nasty comments and jibes, any posts that admin and moderators consider to be inflammatory will be deleted without warning or comment.
See more
See less

Roma demountable awning?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roma demountable awning?

Hi there, we've got a lovely little Romahome demountable on a Diahatsu Hijet. It came with the original awning with proper door-shaped entrance, but as we're going to Glastonbury (from Glasgow) this year I've been looking at getting a light-weight awning to take. In the hope we have a tad more space for belongings, and lighten the load on the poor little engine & petrol. There are so many available, and it's hard to see which one would fit over the high rear door of our wee Roma. Does anyone have a successful setup with a new awning, or just have any suggestions for something that will fit.

Originally posted by theonly1iknow View Post
    Hi there, we've got a lovely little Romahome demountable on a Diahatsu Hijet. It came with the original awning with proper door-shaped entrance, but as we're going to Glastonbury (from Glasgow) this year I've been looking at getting a light-weight awning to take. In the hope we have a tad more space for belongings, and lighten the load on the poor little engine & petrol. There are so many available, and it's hard to see which one would fit over the high rear door of our wee Roma. Does anyone have a successful setup with a new awning, or just have any suggestions for something that will fit.
    I think Jayjay had a van like yours, so she will probably be able to tell you which awnings would fit. I expect she will be along soon.......

Comment

Yes, here I am! Although it's many years since I had a demountable roma now...

The most popular one is the Outdoor Revolution movelite square, which will fit over the back of a demountable by means of a tunnel bit. Fit that first and attach loosely to the rear steadies, then put the awning up, straighten out so that the tunnel bit is taut and the sides are squared up, then adjust the tunnel bit and secure properly.

There are others, you will probably find them by following the threads when you put in a search for awnings, plus plenty of photos.

Here's mine, attached to the back of my Kip van, a very similar arrangement, except instead of going right over the back of the van roof (like it did on the demountable), I use the corded bit along the edge to slide into an awning rail. This is the old movelite, the new squares are lighter with bigger windows!

002.jpg
      Last edited by jayjay; 08-05-2014, 09:56.

Comment

Ah, that's great, looks a little larger than our old original. But certainly lighter. Cheers guys :-)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X