This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R20 Hylo.

Hello folks, had our 2008 Hylo for 6 weeks now and have been to Cornwall, Derbyshire and the Lakes, off to Norfolk this weekend. We love it. Can I just ask has anyone taken thiers to Romahome on the Isle of Wight for a Habitation service/inspection and would this be considered a worth while exercise in order to keep it in the best condition possible (we hope to get many, many years of use from it).

Thanks.

Geoff.

Originally posted by macamxth1st View Post
    Hello folks, had our 2008 Hylo for 6 weeks now and have been to Cornwall, Derbyshire and the Lakes, off to Norfolk this weekend. We love it. Can I just ask has anyone taken thiers to Romahome on the Isle of Wight for a Habitation service/inspection and would this be considered a worth while exercise in order to keep it in the best condition possible (we hope to get many, many years of use from it).

Thanks.

Geoff.
    You don't need to go all the way to the IOW for a habitation and service! It's the same checks wherever you go and your local caravan/MH place will do just the same thing. If you're near Bristol, then the very best place to visit has got to be Ant at Avon Motors as he understands Romas to the nth degree whereas others might not.

Comment

I agree with Jayjay, you certainly don't need to go to the IOW. Habitation checks from some dealers are very expensive, they cover all sorts of things that you can check yourself like checking cupboard doors open properly, checking blinds operate etc., the most important thing is a gas and electricity check.

We go to Ant at Avon Motorcaravans in Bristol will do this at a fraction of the cost of other dealers and you can check the basic things yourself.

Have a look at Ants website it explains it better than me.

http://www.avonmotorcaravans.co.uk/servicing.php
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

R20 Hylo

Thanks, thought that may be the case. I have spoken to Ant once before and found him to be extreamly helpfull so I will book with him to do the whole shooting match and make a short break of it, we live in Lincoln.

Regards.

Geoff.

Comment

That's exactly what we do, there is a camp site just down the road, or if you book early enough try Baltic Wharf Caravan Club but the last time we visited Ant we stayed at the Camping and Caravanning Club site at Cheddar which is about 20 minutes drive and that was excellent, see my review.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Smallmot.../4/3Fii5qAw3Nk
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X