X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuffed

Hi guys -

Yes, I am chuffed. I just got back from my first l-o-n-g trip in 'The Snail'. (I had been wanting a name for my van, and driving along with everything I need in the back I felt like she was definitely a snail, carrying her home on her back..... but a mighty nippy snail!)

I was away for four weeks!!!!!!!! I must have driven around 1,000 miles!!!!!!! Started from home, then up to Cirencester, then Shropshire, then Lancs, then a gorgeous site in Yorkshire, then 10 days in Northumbria at a festival, then back to Lancs, then Powys, then the Peak District (another especially lovely site), Cirencester again, and home. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

No probs with the van until the very last stopover at Ciren where the 240 sockets decided not to work any which way I tried. Lights and pump worked fine, but not 'aux'. Checked the fuse on the switch board and it looked fine, and checked the trip switch under the seat and that was fine too

Also, strangely, and I don't know if it's connected to the 240 prob, when I tried to use my inverter in the 12v socket to charge up my mobile and laptop that wouldn't work either

But hey, I lived in my van for a month - I am so chuffed!

That's not a bad workout for your van, well done.

I hope you get your electrical problems sorted soon, maybe a post on "Ask Ant" will help.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by GypsyMe View Post
      Hi guys -
      Yes, I am chuffed. I just got back from my first l-o-n-g trip in 'The Snail'......
      But hey, I lived in my van for a month - I am so chuffed!
      That sounds a real good trip, I'm really envious, the most we've managed so far is 3 nights. The IoW in September will be 7 nights, but maybe next year we can get away for longer.

Did you find you'd packed too much, or like me, forgot something.

Comment

Hi Graham,yes I will see what Ant has to say about it.... and TT, I think I packed about right - more by luck than judgement I expect! And I had room for more stuff too.... amazing how much you can cram into the van

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X