This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Mirror/Window

I have crossed the road to a layby on the right hand side of the road, when trying to get out and cross the road back onto the left hand side, I can't always see what is coming towards me on the left hand side of the road,if I move out too far something could be coming towards me. Should I get a bigger mirror, for the left hand side or has anyone any suggestions.

All van drivers have to cope with that problem, Megan, but they often have bigger mirrors than we do. Try to re-position your vehicle as if you were exiting from a T-junction. You may get a clear view at 45 degrees through the rear side window, but if not, manoevre nearer to a right angle so that you can see through the passenger window. Do a mini-3 point turn if necessary.

The same principle applies at any T-junction if turning right. Try to stop at the white line close to a 90 degree angle so that you can see both ways.

Comment

Thanks for that. Megan

Comment

I bought some extension mirrors for my demountable as I couldn't see a thing in the little naff mirrors it came with!

Comment

I don't have that trouble! I would not dream of using a lay-by on the other side of the road except in an absolute emergency. Safety First??
          Jim.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Get an extension mirror for the passenger side - that should do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
              I don't have that trouble! I would not dream of using a lay-by on the other side of the road except in an absolute emergency. Safety First??
              Jim.
              Hi Jim normally I wouldn't use a lay-by on the other side of the road, but on this occasion it was an emergency and it was the only place we could stop. The other time I had a slight problem was in the wilds of Scotland and the fuel was getting low and the only petrol station we had seen in miles was on the other side of the road, and it was then I first experienced the problem. Thanks Megan
              Last edited by Megan; 08-09-2010, 10:29.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X