This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Consumption

I'm thinking of buying a small motorhome and both the R30 and R25 are on my short list. I should be grateful for an indication of the sort of mpg which people are achieving with these vehicles.
    I also don't know the difference between an R30 and a Dimension and would welcome clarification

thanks

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.

The R30 is the latest version of the Dimension, Romahome in their wisdom decided to give all their models numbers R10, R20, R30 etc., instead of Outlook, Duo, Dimension etc.

We have a 2005 Dimension and get around 25-27 normal driving and 32-34 on a longer run. Ours is a 2 litre I believe the R30 is now 2.2 litre and is based on the latest Citroen Relay model.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

The computer thingy says 35 mpg on our R30 Dimension. We mainly use it for long runs and not for scooting around after pitching up so may be less for short trips.

Comment

No wonder I get confused! R this that and the other, Outlook, Duo, Dimension!

Dear me!

Comment

Mark

Can only speak for our R25.
          The best my trip computer has shown is 47mpg for a mainly motorway run of about 40 miles, but usually we get between 41-44mpg.(Got an itchy foot) Clocked about 1400 miles in France recently and the trip showed 42.9mpg when we returned.
          The R25 base vehicle is a 1.6HDI Citroen Berlingo.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

We have a 2009 model R30 Dimension based on the current Relay 2.2 litre van.

Over some 9000 miles I have kept a record of fuel purchased (brim full to brim full) and mileage recorded. The average works out at roughly 30.5 mpg (the book is in the van out in the garden at the moment so I can't give the precise analysis to the nth decimal point)

It seems to make little difference whether we are cruising on motorways or negotiating single track roads in Scotland. The overall average remains pretty constant.

Interestingly, the trip computer thingy in the van tells me that the average it has calculated is actually nearly 34 mpg. I don't know how it arrives at that figure, but I never trust answers given by computers anyway

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Little View Post
              I'm thinking of buying a small motorhome and both the R30 and R25 are on my short list. I should be grateful for an indication of the sort of mpg which people are achieving with these vehicles.
              I also don't know the difference between an R30 and a Dimension and would welcome clarification thanks
              I don't know if this will help, we've only had this vehicle 9 months, but this is our figures. We have a 2005 2 litre Diesel Duo, and the fuel consumption varies. Short runs (mostly 4 to 11 miles) gives 31 to 34 mpg, mixed medium and short runs 38 mpg, Long run 40mpg, Long run with restricted speed (half motorway) 48mpg (I had to check that one twice on my spread sheet).

Comment

Wehave an Outlook with the 1868cc diesel engine, 3 years old and just coming up to 40000miles and it does about 40mpg whatever we do with it. We also have a 10 year old Berlingo car with the same engine and over 100000 miles and it does about the same. We pulled a Swift silhouette caravan with the car for a few years and it did 30mpg with the caravan on the back.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X