X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken window

hi
    i have a 1983 honda accty van 2 berth, can any body help me with info were i can purchase a window the large plastic double glazed one on the van side, and weather it can be delivered as well
    thanks mike

This chap on ebay is selling windscreen + side windows - he might just have what you need if you contact him. Also lots of breakers if you type Honda Acty parts into google.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bedford-Rascal...item3a5eda0c37

Or there's tony's web site at

http://www.actyvan.net/ who might be able to help.

Good luck!

Edited to add - I might have misread the question - is it the actual van chassis that requires the window or do you have a romahome? If it's the romahome, you need to find out which model/series you have before you can source one. Post a pic here or in the Ask Ant secion, as he will probably be able to help you!
    Last edited by jayjay; 23-09-2010, 09:46.

Comment

Broken windows

We had to have out Suzuki Romahome Demountable side windows specially made by a firm in Yorkshire, I think it was. You can't get the windows now, they have to be specially made, cost about £200 each window. They come and get your window and bring the new ones to you 3 weeks later.

We had great trouble with a caravan repair shop who couldn't fit them, but we got them fitted very quickly by Autoglass.

Look back on past threads about March this year for the firm who makes them, or I will look it up if you can't find it.

We are really pleased with our new windows.

Patricia

Comment

I'm guessing the company patricia used is eeco they are in Halifax.

There is also a company called autoxtra in washington, tyne & wear if thats any nearer to you - you don't say where in the country you are based.

Glen
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigwheels45 View Post
          hi
          i have a 1983 honda accty van 2 berth, can any body help me with info were i can purchase a window the large plastic double glazed one on the van side, and weather it can be delivered as well
          thanks mike
          If yours is a Romahome body on an Acty pick up, have you contacted the Roma Club. They are trying to find the oldest Romahome still on the road, and at 1983 vintage yours might be of interest to them.

http://www.romaclub.org.uk

Barry

Comment

Replacement windows

I don't know how to refer you back to a previous reply, so I have copied a reply from Ant to our window problems.........

Hi Dolly.
            If your van body is an early 80's one with fixed non opening windows you may wish to think about just changing the rubbers as window replacement is now quite expensive and entails removing the old windows and sending them off to be match made. Equally the rectangular opening windows would also need the same treatment for replacement. If one edge of the window slopes, then it can be replaced with the C15 Hytop window. In all cases you need to speak to Colin at "ECO" on 01274 679524 and if you're not too far from West Yorkshire take the van and show him what you need.
            Thanks
            Ant

Comment

re broken window

hi
              thanku all for the info regarding the broken window on my honda accty van roma home it was first registered in 1987 and its the de mountable type.
              hopefully the window will be sorted in the next couple of weeks.i have to remove the window for the repair hope its a easy job

thanks mike

Comment

Hi Bigwheels
                I thought you might have the record there for the oldest Romahome if yours had been 1983, but the best complete unit, pickup and pod, is 1984, so far.
                Sending this e mail from a sunny, but cold, Isle of Wight where we have Romahomes of all sorts, including Twolitre opposite me in his Romini.
                See you all at Polstead
                Colin

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X