This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C15 Dates

Hi all, long time no chat! Since I sold Fran the Gran Van this time last year been a bit lost!!! Now looking into possibilities of buying another van. One I've seen advertised has me a bit puzzled and I wonder if its had the living pod put on a newer vehicle. It's registered 2003 but is what I call the old style, C15 hitop. does anyone know when they stopped manufacturing this style? Hope to go a bit newer but this is on for a good price and thought I'd ask my knowledgeable friends on here.

The C15 pod can be transferred to a new body, various companies have done/are doing it..Its not a job for the amateur, but when well done it makes a nice camper!
    New pods on 2nd hand vans is what Romahome/Addabak are doing now.Again it makes a nice camper but you need to be sure the base vehicle has been thoroughly checked.

If this is a private buy,be wary! if from a big dealership you should be OK. How much are they asking?

Ian
    Last edited by Ian.C.S; 04-03-2015, 18:20.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

leaking windows

Short of spraying with a hose or waiting for rain, it's difficult to know how to check. I would say it's a problem with an old pod and can be expensive to sort out, the roof lights too. And rotten internal frames. Water stains on the cushions are a tell tale.
      JohnMo

Comment

Thanks guys. Price is £6950. 03 registered. 68000 miles. Small dealership in Ayrshire. Need to speak to my bank as really prefer something bit newer. Thing is if this was a good buy could go for it without loan.

Comment

Originally posted by ellenisle View Post
          Thanks guys. Price is £6950. 03 registered. 68000 miles. Small dealership in Ayrshire. Need to speak to my bank as really prefer something bit newer. Thing is if this was a good buy could go for it without loan.
          Phone and speak to Ant at Avon Motor Caravans 1 Ashford Road, Redhill, Bristol BS40 5TH Tel 01275 472277

He is THE expert on Romahomes.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I beg to differ with Ian, addabak/romahome are fitting brand new shells to second hand vehicles as they cannot source new vehicles of the right spec. But C15 reshells have had the camper body taken of an old vehicle and put on a newer one. The concern is not the fitting to a newer vehicle but the damage done removing the shell from the old one as when ot was fitted it was "glued on" as a permanent fitting.

A 2003 C15 Romahome is almost certainly an old camper body transfered to a newer vehicle. The newer C15s were built in Poland and the rustproofing was inferior to that on the French or Portugese built C15s and that was pretty ropey. If you are consideing it seriously it will need a thorough inspecton and check that your insurance company is happy with a "modified" vehicle. It cannot be described as a Romahome because Romahome did not fit the camper to the van.

Peter

Comment

That's a worrying issue, potential problem. I wonder what my amateur dealer would say, if he bothered to reply to my texts. It may not be covered because it's been modified. Has anybody checked on this. Sounds like there's a few about. Who can be held responsible in a case of miss selling an improperly described vehicle. Does anyone declare it as modified.
              JohnMo

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post

A 2003 C15 Romahome is almost certainly an old camper body transfered to a newer vehicle. The newer C15s were built in Poland and the rustproofing was inferior to that on the French or Portugese built C15s and that was pretty ropey. If you are consideing it seriously it will need a thorough inspecton and check that your insurance company is happy with a "modified" vehicle. It cannot be described as a Romahome because Romahome did not fit the camper to the van.

Peter
                Just curious Peter -what do you classify as "newer" C15s? Mine is Y reg (ie early 2001) but the mechanic who maintains mine with much TLC , told me that although it was registered then, the model of vehicle was certainly older

Comment

I'm puzzled!

I've seen a few 2005 C15 HiLo's for sale and according to Wikipedia this was the last date of manufacture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_C15

Is this correct?

John

Comment

The "Y" reg being older than the reg is because of the timevtakennto convert the original and Romahome's bulk buying of chassis cabs. Our 2007 reg outlook is probably 18 months older thannthe reg because it was ordered by a dealer who then put it in hiscshowroomnfor 6 months.

The comment about Wikipedia and the 2005 date 7s to do with the C15 van not the Romahome body. Romahome built their last C15 bssed vehicles in 2000/2001. Anything newer is almost certainly not original. (A potential problem is that from1992/1993 were built on 795kg chassis cabs and the most of the C15 vans registered between 2002 and 2005 were 600kg, this means that the load capacity and rear suspension may not be up to the job without an upgrade).

Petrr

Comment