As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOT of DOOM FAIL and now advised to scrap....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jayjay
    replied
    I'm also sorry to hear all the bad news. I wish I could say something to make it all better, but here's some ((((hugs)))) for you.

If you can't find a decent small motorhome to replace yours with, another thing you might like to consider is replacing your van with a car and a small caravan, or finding a trailer tent. Both of these options can be a lot cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• terry1956
    replied
    sorry to hear

MoT, s on older vans are always a worry. If the floor pan is that bad the rust would also be in other sections of the bodywork. Its a big job cutting out all the rust and letting in new sections. And if not done correctly the rust soon returns. Best to let it go. Sorry to hear about your cat, cant really say I like cats but understand all about the lost of a loved pet. Michael

Leave a comment:

• Rob B
    replied
    The habitation part of your van will still have a value even if the base van has had it

Leave a comment:

• Caz
    replied
    So sorry to hear all that, pleased the dog got better though.

I had a similar thing with my old Autosleeper Frisky a few years back, 4 figures to get it right due to major welding. So I stuck it on ebay for spares or repair and it went for £1 more than I'd paid for it 2 years before. You could try the same.

Leave a comment:

• Henwife
    replied
    Thanks

It really does sound worse than it is! Not only the above but my beloved dog took seriously ill in the middle of all of this but thankfully he is fully recovered. Every cloud etc
    As well as getting a new van I am going to take up writing country and western songs.....
    Spent the evening looking for vans and seen a Nu Venture up here in Scotland and also considering a trip to Avon in Bristol. Will check out the one on the website.
    Thanks again folks
    Ellie

Leave a comment:

• Rob B
    replied
    Very sorry to hear your woes. let's hope that's all your bad luck out of the way.

there is a c 15 for sale on the website. might be worth a look?

Leave a comment:

• cedas
    replied
    oh how sad...all of it...you are having a bad time...but you have your priorities right☺ cat,van, husband
    Only a few years older than mine...but think mine was undersealed from new as mechanics tell me in good condition underneath. I too am looking for new van..for different reasons...I want more seat belts. Have realised I'll be very lucky to find what I want in budget range. C15...in their own quirky way...small but perfectly formed. If you have money...replacing van easyish...if limited...maybe downsize to berlingo conversion (urban campervans or chapel as seen on forum).
    Cat...don't replace...lovely though they are, they tie you down. Husband...ditto...however if you really want either...1) always plenty cats appreciative of good home 2) the way I feel today I'd throw in my beloved C15 to anyone who'd take my other half (tomorrow I'll feel different...can't give up the van☺) Jokes aside...sorry you are having rough time and hope things more positive soon

Leave a comment:

• Henwife
    started a topic MOT of DOOM FAIL and now advised to scrap....

MOT of DOOM FAIL and now advised to scrap....

My much loved and trusty in so many ways 1996 C15 Romahome has just failed its MOT. Basically all of the underside of the van has rusted away, exposing the rear axle. The mechanics at my local garage got such a shock they would not go underneath. 6 welders have taken a look at it and 5 said they would not tackle it in case whole thing goes on fire. The welder I saw today was willing to tackle but would have basically taken the whole thing apart before welding and it would have cost 4 figures. Him and my regular mechanic are telling me to scrap.

So advice on a) scrapping and b) getting a new one.

And any counsellors out there? Not been a good year for me. Cat died, husband left me, drains blocked and now van died..... Most upset about the cat and now the van!!!
    Ellie

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X