This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new owner problems

Hi all, We have just bought a Romahome Duo Outlook ( 2003 ) which we are very happy with. Having just been away for the first time, we came across some niggles which you may be able to help with.

How do you lock the back door from the inside?
    We unlocked the water filler cap but can't seem to relock it. Is there a knack to this?
    The grill seems to be useless as the pan is too far away from the flame. The grill does not seem hot enough to toast anything.Are we doing something wrong , or is this the way it is?

Hi Colin

Welcome

On ours you lock the rear door on the inside by pushing the catch down. You can still open it from inside in the usual way but it cannot be openned from outside.

The water filler caps are tempremental. They are fitted to most british campers. When ours was new it would not lock. I spent hours with WD40 and the key, locking and unlocking and moving the bits backwards and forwards and it works fine now.

Our grill is the same. we stand the grill pan on something to make it nearer the flame. we spoke to someone a few months ago who had complained to their dealer when it was new and they had the floor of the grill lifted up. I would think that a metal baking dish of the right height turned upside down would be suitable to stand the grill pan on.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Peter. We now know about the grill. I am still unsure of the back door, as when I push the catch ( top bolt) down it does not line up with the slot it would normally go into so cannot close the door.When we bought the van I unlocked the water filler cap just to see how it worked and purely by luck, somehow managed to lock it again. But on our first trip am unable to relock it.The key turns,as if locking but nothing seems to lock. We thank you for replying so quickly

Comment

Hi Colin

We had one of these locks on our 2004 Duo Hylo, you twist it to lock it, the opposite way to opening. It should click and stay there
        Attached Files
        Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

We just posted together , The metal pins on the lock will move when you slam the door, You don't need to touch them.

The water cap is locked when it is freewheeling if that makes sense

Comment

Hi Derek, thanks for the advice, the photo you posted is the same lock as ours. We have just tried to twist it the other way as you suggested but it wont move in the other direction either with the door open or shut. Do you think we have a broken lock? it seems perfectly Ok in every other respect.

Comment

Hi Colin
              It might be that the slot on the outside that you put the key in has not gone back to horizontal. If it isn't, put the key in and twist it back. Bit of luck and that will be it

Comment

back door

Thank you Derek, a little knowledge goes a long way, problem sorted!

Comment

Hi Colin

Looks like our panel of experts have solved your problems but I just wanted to welcome you to the forum, you'll find a lot of help on here from some lovely people.

P.S. When we had our Duo we used to turn a tin plate upside down and put the grill pan on that, still wasn't brilliant though, the toast would come out very crispy.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

toast

Thank you Graham, crispy's better than nothing!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X