Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leak in the water tank underseat locker of my C15...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leak in the water tank underseat locker of my C15...

...But pretty sure it's not from the water tank itself (seeing as I keep it empty). Is it possible it's coming up through the bottom of the locker? Anyone got any tips?
    Jane

Does it only happen when it's raining? It could be a leak around the window on that side. Water tends to travel down rather than up.

Comment

I had water on the inside seat once, I eventually found out it was a leak through the window seal. It was soon sorted with a bit of sealant, between the body and the seal. I had to get someone to train a hosepipe on the outside while I sat inside, to see where the water was coming in. A bit of the window seal had become loose, and that was where the water was getting in. It wasn't apparent until we used a hose that the water was coming from somewhere else other than the locker.

My latest caravan had a damp patch underneath a seat in a locker, and I eventually found that it was coming in through the light cluster on the front of the caravan! Again, soon sorted with a squirt of sealant around the housing of the sidelights.

Comment

hi, if it is the window, do the job properly and take the window frame out, buy a new rubber seal for a few quid, take old rubber seal out and discard, replace new seal possible using a small amount off super glue at the corners to hold the seal in, put a bead off sealant round the new seal and replace frame taking care not to overtighten.
        jim
        Last edited by jimbanks; 10-06-2015, 07:46.

Comment

If it was the window, wouldn't the seat be wet? There's no water anywhere but on the floor of the locker. There is a black plastic cap thing on the floor of the locker, which covers an access hole which always has a couple of inches of water in.
          Jane

Comment

I would think that the seat would be wet, but you can never tell, as water finds its own way downwards and can quite often travel via the insulation between the inner and outer walls.

Is your fridge anywhere near? Often, after returning home and switching everything off, the fridge can condense and leave a puddle, but that's usually by the back door. Wiping it dry before shutting the van up often cures this problem.

I think perhaps you should post a link from this post to the Ask Ant part of the forum, and see if our very knowledgeable Ant has come across this. And post some pics if you are able to.

Edited to add, I've put Ant a link to this thread, just to see if he can shed any light on this subject!
            Last edited by jayjay; 11-06-2015, 10:03.

Comment

[QUOTE=roombaqueen;129308]If it was the window, wouldn't the seat be wet? There's no water anywhere but on the floor of the locker. There is a black plastic cap thing on the floor of the locker, which covers an access hole which always has a couple of inches of water in.[/QUOT

when you take the seat of the locker can you put your hand up behind the grp below the window, if the window is leaking you will feel it wet, i had a 1999 c15 and my offside window was leaking and that was where the water was coming in and running down onto the floor.
              jim

Comment

Ahhhhh! Thanks Jim, that sounds like exactly what's happening. My lovely assistant and I will try throwing buckets of water at the window this weekend and see what happens!
                Jane

Comment

I put this thread in the Ask Ant section, click the link to see his reply!

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...r-ingress-Ant!

Comment