This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romahome R20 Hylo SX

Does anyone know anything about this van?

2005 Romahome R20 Hylo SX

Any website links with details or reviews or first hand reviews would be brilliant. All I can find are for sales adverts!

Thanks so much for any advice.
    Best wishes
    Carole & Daisy-dog

I have this van and love it. Mines the 2l hdi version with air con and eberspacer.

Do you have any specific questions or queries?

My only 'gripe' is the exhaust is very low giving very poor ground clearance of just 2.5" but I think this might be unique to my vehicle....?

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
      I have this van and love it. Mines the 2l hdi version with air con and eberspacer.

My only 'gripe' is the exhaust is very low giving very poor ground clearance of just 2.5" but I think this might be unique to my vehicle....?
      It's a 2005 R20 Hylo SX but thecs do not mention a/c and what is eberspacer? it is based on a berlingo chassis.
      Best wishes
      Carole & Daisy-dog

Comment

Air con and the eberspacher heater are options added by the original purchaser.

My RH is based on the 2005 Berlingo with 2 litre hdi engine and I achieve about 47mpg. It's a good vehicle which I wouldn't hesitate to recommend and it's proven to be highly reliable over its 10 years to date.

Comment

Hi,
          These may help,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIMWRQ0-xbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fohdTROly30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ_LsD-E_3c

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/romahomer20.html

Eberspacer is a built in heater, not all models have this as it was an optional extra I think.

Jules

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post

Karen,
            That is uniquely low, I had a new tail pipe made for my van which was almost identical to yours, the garage used a bent bit of pipe which they had hanging around from another exhaust lined up for scrap.They fixed another suspension bracket and the exhaust exited to the side with about 8 inches clearance.It cost me £40.I thought it money well spent.You may get it cheaper, try an exhaust fitting garage.

Ian
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian.C.S View Post
              Karen,
              That is uniquely low, I had a new tail pipe made for my van which was almost identical to yours, the garage used a bent bit of pipe which they had hanging around from another exhaust lined up for scrap.They fixed another suspension bracket and the exhaust exited to the side with about 8 inches clearance.It cost me £40.I thought it money well spent.You may get it cheaper, try an exhaust fitting garage.

Ian
              Thanks Ian.

The exhaust has been causing problems and developed a smooth underside from scraping the ground.

It has just been remedied via an alternative approach so I can at least access our driveway....
              P1530093.jpg

20150607_195054.jpg

Comment

HoHoHo thats the other way to do it, I knocked my tailpipe off on a rock, so got the modified version fitted, when weld repaired!

Happy camping Karen.

Ian
                Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Are you moving up from your R10? The R20 is a great vehicle, there are articles about the R20 on this website and I see the links have already been put up for you in an earlier post. You would have more room for you and your dog in an R20, which I think would be easier.

Comment