This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

table

hi just got a bedford rascal romahome and the table is missing does anyone have one for sale or can send me some pictures so can make one ta

Hello chrisb!

We had a table in our Suzuki Romahome but it was heavy and clunky so we disposed of it. We are thinking of making another one now though. Patriscott may have some ideas

Comment

We are also going to make one that is more suitable. Want to have a look at the R20 one to see if it is size we want.

Comment

We went to Homebase or B & Q ( I can't remeber which ) and bought a laminated shelf which was 550 x 500mm and laminated on all sides. We took the fitting from under the romahome table and put it onto the new. We found that it was a really good size for eating on and we could get in and out of the van past it. It also gave us the impression of more legroom, as it was not as deep a table as the original. It may not work for all but we found it did for us.

Gail

Comment

Thanks Gail, that sounds like a good option. Will have a look in B & Q or similar, would be a good business for someone as we all seem to have a need for personalised tables!!!

Comment

Hi Chrisb, just thought, if you look on Ebay, there is often a Romahome or two for sale and they show pictures of inside. You may see a picture of a table there

Comment

Contact Tim at bedfordrascal.com best to telephone as his e-mail is up the creak at the moment after 10am, office hours apply. He's bound to have a spare, or know where to get one.

HTH
              Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

If you look on our main website
                http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/campinginaromahomeduo.html
                there is a picture of the table in our old Duo I would imagine it would be pretty similar to the one in the Rascal.
                Graham
                Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

That is the one we want Graham. Phoned Romoahome who have them made so cost is prohibitive. Surely they must be available somewhere but maybe more fun making one!

Comment

Buy a Fiamma tripod table base and you can move the table where you like (inside or out) and have any size table top that you want. You will need a shorter pole for the table. The legs might be a bit wide to fit in between the seats of a Duo, but fits in our Dimension really well.

I know that it is expensive, but we think that it was money well spent and the heavy Romahome tables now live in the loft!

Comment

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/gas/table_fittings$$1.aspx

The free standing table legs (same as the romahome table) may be of help too. We need a table for our romahome as our table legs have rusted!! and Island Plastics quoted us £100 for a new table.

I believe you can also order these legs from a caravan sales.

I wish I could find the brilliant site for lightweight table tops, but then you may be able to adapt with something else.
                      Jessie

Comment

We also 'garaged' the Romahome table as it is soooo heavy. Instead we normally take 2 folding tables, approx 59cm x 44cm (23" x 17.5") as this is more versatile. For a snack type meal we use just one. If we want more space for our sketch pads etc. we use both. The tables were about £10.00 from Range. For travelling they fit behind each front seat.

Comment

Not in a demountable, I'm afraid, Twinkletoes! (fit behind the front seats, I mean). But folding table is a good idea nonetheless.

Comment

Chris - Hi! - reading thru this thread, a lot of these tables end up in the garage or loft, could you contact the previous owners and ask if this is what they did with yours?

I know that the one in my Kip is very similar to the one I had in my Bedford demountable (only lightweight) so if you get stuck on making one, I'll post some photos! And the Cak Tanks (what a name!!LOL) catalogue has all the bits you need if you can't find a ready made one anywhere.

Comment

Alternative tables

When we had the old C15 Hytop we ditched the 'official' table in favour of a couple of small folding rubberwood tables like these - http://www.choiceful.com/choiceful-i...cm-x-66cm.html

Can't remember where we found them but they were dirt cheap and useful for al fresco eating too. Folded they fitted behind the driver's/passenger's seats.

Brian

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X