X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welder needed in the South West

Hiya,

Can anyone recommend a good welder, ideally with Romahome (C15) experience (South West, ideally Devon/Somerset/Dorset)? My beloved 23 years old Hylo needs a bit of TLC. She has got a little bit of rust on the sills and also an advisory note on the front cross member underneath the radiator.

She could also do with a new driver door and bonnet (as they do). I know these are hard to come by, but I heard that it is possible to use doors from another car model. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

EDIT: -Please note: I have already checked Ant from Avon Motors, but he had to stop welding (see reply below).

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Mareike
    Last edited by Rumi; 30-09-2015, 15:51.

You could give Ant at Avon Motorcaravans a call, he is a Romahome expert, I'm not sure whether he does welding but I bet he knows a man who does, he's based in Bristol and his number is 01275 20472277.

Alternatively go to the "Ask Ant" section on this forum and ask him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Over the past 33yrs I've always done my own welding on Romahomes, about 2 years ago my optician told me to stop doing it so much, a few weeks ago I did a big-ish welding job on a C15 that nobody else would touch, which prompted a visit to the optician where I was severely ticked off and told to stop if I didn't want issues with my eye sight to deteriorate in the future. So I'm afraid I've been told a few times now and think it's time to heed the warning. As I've usually done my own welding I don't really have a contact who I could recommend locally, I'm sure most garages would have a welder, you just need one who is careful enough not to set fire to the grp.
      Thanks
      Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant View Post
        Over the past 33yrs I've always done my own welding on Romahomes, about 2 years ago my optician told me to stop doing it so much, a few weeks ago I did a big-ish welding job on a C15 that nobody else would touch, which prompted a visit to the optician where I was severely ticked off and told to stop if I didn't want issues with my eye sight to deteriorate in the future. So I'm afraid I've been told a few times now and think it's time to heed the warning. As I've usually done my own welding I don't really have a contact who I could recommend locally, I'm sure most garages would have a welder, you just need one who is careful enough not to set fire to the grp.
        Thanks
        Ant
        That is totally understandable, Ant. Look after yourself and your eyes. Thank for replying.
        P.S. I am booked for a service and some mechanical work with you. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
          You could give Ant at Avon Motorcaravans a call, he is a Romahome expert, I'm not sure whether he does welding but I bet he knows a man who does, he's based in Bristol and his number is 01275 20472277.

Alternatively go to the "Ask Ant" section on this forum and ask him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
          Thanks for the advice, Graham. I should have mentioned that I had already ask at Avon Motors and am aware that Ant had to stop welding because of his eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumi View Post
            Thanks for the advice, Graham. I should have mentioned that I had already ask at Avon Motors and am aware that Ant had to stop welding because of his eyes.
            Ah, sorry I didn't know that.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X