This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

draining water tank

Hi. We hope everybody had a good summer getting out and about. Mo and I have a 2003 Duo Outlook, and I was wondering if there was a quick way to empty the fresh water tank or do you have to turn the tap on and empty it into the sink? Also does it harm the pump if the system is completely dry?
    Regards, Colin.

Hi Colin, if it's the same as the 2004 Duo Hylo I had you just pump the water into the sink until the water splutters then switch off the pump on the switch panel. The remaining water in the tank can be siphoned out or you can use a sponge. If you let the pump run dry it may overheat, best not. There is a time limit for how long you can run the pump but I can't remember what it is.
    Last edited by Derek; 12-11-2010, 16:46.
    Derek Our Berlingo camping car

Comment

Hi Colin,
      I do just the same drain down,but just before the tank empties while it has a couple of inches of water in it,I drop a miltons tablet in it,to stop bugs growing in the pipes.let the tablet dissolve,then carry on with the drain down.
      when you refill in spring,flush a couple of pints to drain and bobs your uncle.
      Ian
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by colin View Post
        Hi. We hope everybody had a good summer getting out and about. Mo and I have a 2003 Duo Outlook, and I was wondering if there was a quick way to empty the fresh water tank or do you have to turn the tap on and empty it into the sink? Also does it harm the pump if the system is completely dry?
        Regards, Colin.
        Hi Colin, I have a C15 Hylo and the same problem but use the tap to take out most of the water, then use an old yoghurt carton to get more, then resort to the sponge. Having said that, I tend to use a water carrier and find that easier.
        Good luck,
        Jan

Comment

Thanks every one, good advice as always.
          Colin

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X