As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Condensation. A quick question.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condensation. A quick question.

Hi all, I have been trying to track down the cause of a small "puddle" which forms after several days of the van being stood idle when we return from a trip. It forms on the floor between the fridge and the cupboard in our R20 Hylo and I will be damned if I can see the source of it. We use a chemical dehumidifier but have been standing this on the sink top and it does extract a fair old amount of water from the atmosphere. Could the the floor where the water is forming be acting as a form of low point condensate knock out.

If anyone has any knowledge of this then I would be eternally grateful.

Geoff.

It's usually the fridge being out of use that causes this. When in use, there's no water, but after a few days stood empty and off, this can sometimes happen.

What I normally do is wipe the fridge when I return from somewhere, then leave it open to dry (and to warm up to ambient temp), preferably with the caravan door open as well. (And incidentally, always leave the fridge door open when not in use, as it will start to grow mouldy if you leave the door shut.)

However, it won't keep coming, once it's dried off and the door left open. So if the water you see doesn't stop after trying the above, then you need to see if you can find a source of water ingress somewhere.

Comment

Thanks for that, we have eliminated the fridge as being the source as we initially thought it was the culprit.

Geoff.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X