X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Romahome :) Back door stuck :(

Hi everyone,

Am now the proud owner of new R20 Lo and am very happy. As with most new purchases - I'm having initial problems. We were shown around the R20 this morning and then have driven home. We tried to open the back door from the outside trying to remember the instructions about the turning of the key. We couldn't manage it and so climbed over into the back from the front and opened it from the inside. All well till we locked it up again. Now the key slot is in a different position (was vertical but is now horizontal). We can't get the key fully in and can't open it from the inside either now

I know we can phone the dealer tomorrow but can anyone reduce our anxieties that we have broken something already?

Thanks all,

Barbara Anne

Hi Barbara cannot help with your query but congratulations on your new purchase I am sure someone will be along soon... might be worth putting a post in the 'ask ant section too. thanks

Comment

Thanks Sue

It's very kind of yu to reply. I can't get through to the dealers as yet -probably too early on a Sunday morning! I absolutely thrilled with the van (we are calling her Juanita - pronounced Van-eeta!) but she isn't too happy with us at mo and is being difficult!

I'm working on the assumption that a) we are two people of fairly average intelligence and b) the mechanism is not going to be so complex that you can mess it up on first use so it must be something fairly simple or a fault.

Thanks also for the advice to ask Ant

Kind regards,

Barbara Anne

Comment

Hello Barbara,
        We have an Outlook, and our door can be a bit tricky too. I remembered somthing about this a while ago, and have found this advice from Ant:

The rear door lock key should only need turning a few degrees either way to lock and unlock, the important bit is it must be returned to the resting position before removeing the key.If the key /lock is slightly worn you can get the key out before it's back to vertical ( or horizontal, the barrel can be fitted either to rest at vert' or horizontal), if you do remove the key too soon it can jam the barrel and the door will not open ( un lock or lock). Also to actually open the door you should always push on the door itself while pulling the handle to release the catch. The reason for doing this is to squash the door rubber and therefor releasing the pressure on the door catch and easing the outer handle, that way you never put any force on the lower pivot of the outer handle and the door opens very much easier.
        Ant

Good luck with getting it sorted,
        Aileen.

Comment

Thanks Aileen for posting that helpful advice. Once we get the mechanism free, I'll remember to push on the door when opening to release the rubber seal. I've spoken to the dealership but they aren't going to be able to do much till tomorrow when the mechanics people come back to work to advise what to do so I'll be patient till then.

Barbara Anne

Comment

HI Barbara congratulations on your new purchase of your R20, sorry to hear of your back door problems, you'll be sorted tomorrow I'm sure, happy camping, have fun, these problems are sent to try us.......
            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
            'Live without regrets'

Comment

Thanks Bryan! I'm very much a 'cup half full' person so I'm not letting the lock problem get to me. It's just a bit of a problem because I want to stop passers by and throw the back door open and say, "Have you seen my new Romahome!!!!!?????". It isn't quite the same asking unknown people if they'd like to climb over the front seats into the back so they can see it! People might think I was a bit strange.....

Barbara Anne

Comment

new romahome - back door stuck

Originally posted by Ewig View Post
                Thanks Bryan! I'm very much a 'cup half full' person so I'm not letting the lock problem get to me. It's just a bit of a problem because I want to stop passers by and throw the back door open and say, "Have you seen my new Romahome!!!!!?????". It isn't quite the same asking unknown people if they'd like to climb over the front seats into the back so they can see it! People might think I was a bit strange.....

Barbara Anne
                Ha ha, Barbara. I love it! I was exactlythe same recently, when staying at the caravan site on Walney Island. I could have earned a handy bob or two by charging for the guided tours I gave when there! New romahomes should come with a big stack of info leaflets to hand out...and a cash reward for any new customers we introduce to the firm!!
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
                  and a cash reward for any new customers we introduce to the firm!!
                  If that had been the case we could have retired by now.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Definitely!! My daughter and I were on a site yesterday and everyone we passed by asked about the 'unit'. We were due to be in Southend at two and as we were leaving the site a woman stopped us to ask about the Romahome. I had to wind my window down to give her the gen on Romahomes. I would normally be out of my seat quick as a flash and be giving the guided tour but we were in a hurry. She put her head fully in my window, winding it around so she could see the inside of the van. Short of putting the window up a bit to trap her head in it and then driving off so she had time to have a good nosey round, I was not getting rid of her quickly. A leaflet would have been just the job for getting us to where we needed to be on time!

Comment

If I was on commission for the number of tours and questions on the R25 when in France, I'd be a rich bu**er by now!

Tony Anchorman
                      Last edited by anchorman; 02-08-2011, 16:31.

Comment

Yes even the oldies attract admiration and attention (the van!) In Brighton the surfer dudes seem to admire the C15 base as well as the back, and the many who have had a proper look in the back, love it!

Andyvan

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X