This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow Day

cant believe it lots of snow, so am not able to get any more done on my wee Miss Piggy ( Honda Acty). Feeling a bit low cause I cant even drive her!

When will it stop so I can finaly get a night out in her/
    Joannie

I can remember getting a new bike for Christmas when I was a lad, on boxing day it snowed and my dad wouldn't let me ride it. The snow and ice lasted what seemed like ages and ages to me but it was probably only about two weeks and I finally got to ride my new bike, boy was it good.

So take heart, when you finally get to go in your van it will be all the better for waiting.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Just goes to show, you can never please all the people all of the time! I am waiting patiently for snow so I can go for a walk across the fields in the lovely crisp white stuff.

Did a nice walk today in the freezing cold with traces of frost about but no real snow! I love all our weather and seasons except incessant rain.

Joannie, don't feel too bad, it tends not to last too long. Spring will soon be here!

Comment

Where I live in south Devon we rarely get snow. It did snow last year the first time for 15years.

Today I went out into Torbay in my kayak. A little choppy and just one other boat, a 115,000 ton oil tanker Ocean Spirit having its bottom inspected.

I stopped at its bow and whacked it with my hand, a little echo meant it was hollow.

On my return to Brixham I felt the cold on my cheeks like never before, it must have been as low as 8 degrees.

So I can't complain when up north and in Wales as it's colder again. Our palm trees in our garden are not liking it though. The solar heating only charges at mid day but I'm determined to go to Kingsbury this Friday.

God bless the South,............ Amen

Comment

There is certainly something wonderful about our weather these last couple of years. At least we are getting seasons again.

This has to have been one of the best Autumns for years. The summer was certainly good, we camped every other week and walked from site and luckily only had bad rain for about 3/4 of the days in total. Ross on Wye and the Quantock Hills did let us down.

I love being outdoors and look forward to winter as much as the rest of the year.

Even though I do feel sorry for all the young folk who have to get to work, I just hope I wake up to snow tomorrow.

My yaktrax are ready to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
            There is certainly something wonderful about our weather these last couple of years. At least we are getting seasons again.

This has to have been one of the best Autumns for years. The summer was certainly good, we camped every other week and walked from site and luckily only had bad rain for about 3/4 of the days in total. Ross on Wye and the Quantock Hills did let us down.

I love being outdoors and look forward to winter as much as the rest of the year.

Even though I do feel sorry for all the young folk who have to get to work, I just hope I wake up to snow tomorrow.

My yaktrax are ready to wear.
            you`re a girl after my own heart Flo, I thought the weather this year has been good,summer was lovely and autumn tho briefer than hoped was very mild , I havent given up camping yet,I dont mind rain,but thick snow will keep me at home for a while,but as soon as it thaws Im off again.
            Happy wandering Flo
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Ah well, yaktrax still in box. Watery thin snow, not even pretty, just a white smattering and it looks grey and dull out there. Probably enough to disrupt the underground and buses though!

I was hoping for a ramble through the Chilterns in pristine white snow. Will probably end up writing my Christmas cards.

Comment

Snow reaches Stockport

The snow has finally reached Stockport. Just a thin smattering today, but it looks like it will get deeper as the day goes on.

Patricia

Comment

It's snowing hard in Basildon, about three inches so far.
                  Colin

Comment

Snowing hard here on the S.Cheshire/N.Staffs border!

About two inches, but the sky is full of it, so it looks like we're in for a lot more yet.

I was going to go shopping, guess not then.

I don't drive out in snow if I can help it either, Ian.

Comment

Graham, your dad's a very sensible chap. I cycle most days into work & this morning was my first off of the year. Road rash on arm & leg & I think if I'd been any younger than my 44 years I'd been crying all the way home. As it was just another 10 miles to work.
                      Hopefully it'll snow just after Christmas when we'll be away for a week wild camping with much walking to keep warm.
                      About an inch of snow around Swindon.

Comment

Light snow blowing in Bristol.
                        Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                          Snowing hard here on the S.Cheshire/N.Staffs border!

About two inches, but the sky is full of it, so it looks like we're in for a lot more yet.

I was going to go shopping, guess not then.

I don't drive out in snow if I can help it either, Ian.
                          hi Jackie,
                          it doesnt look as if we are going to make the waterpark this weekend,but I am booked to spend xmas in a wood outside of Hastings,and I may sqeeze a weekend or two in before if this lot melts.I made the aquaintence of a tiny lurcher pup on the bus this morning,he got excited and piddled on me,just as well my coat is waxed,it wiped off when i got to work,despite that he was cute,I wish I had time to look after one properly but its no go.
                          Stay warm girl,see you in the spring.
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

edinburgh Snow

we got arround foot and half of snow over the last three days, i live at the top of a hill and everywhere is white, no work but have had to work from home, no buses, no shops open, but if there was, nothing can deliver as the gritters havnt been out!

So I do like the snow, love the usual snow ball fights and snowman making, sledging, but am fed up with it now, cant even get into my we van to get it started too much snow in and around it!

Joannie

Comment

plenty of snow here, about 6-8 inches with the threat of more to come. I've just been out, I needed to get some stuff from work for my day at uni but importantly it gave me a chance to see just how good/bad my 4wd panda is in the snow (playing in other words!!!). The roads are very quiet, all the main roads appear open though and the snow didn't stop me on the side roads either!!! I might head off out into the Derbyshire hills next, to play with the proper 4X4's

EDIT: having just read tacobell40red's last post, how far is it from Sheffield to Edinburgh???? A FOOT AND HALF OF SNOW TO PLAY IN!!!! I'm on my way!
                              Last edited by glenw; 30-11-2010, 11:31.
                              Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X