This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodney

Having lurked in the background for a couple of months I finally decided to take the advice and went to see Ant.
    He talked me into something £2000 cheaper than my top price!
    A week later I drove my new (S/H) C15 - 1995 from Bristol to Nottingham, in the fog / snow / ice.
    Apart from the obligatory "first roundabout, braking experience" everything went smoothly.
    So it's hello from me and "Rodney" and I look forward to meeting all you people who have unwittingly helped me in the past 2 months ...............

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    Having lurked in the background for a couple of months I finally decided to take the advice and went to see Ant.
    He talked me into something £2000 cheaper than my top price!
    A week later I drove my new (S/H) C15 - 1995 from Bristol to Nottingham, in the fog / snow / ice.
    Apart from the obligatory "first roundabout, braking experience" everything went smoothly.
    So it's hello from me and "Rodney" and I look forward to meeting all you people who have unwittingly helped me in the past 2 months ...............
    At least you havent been a plonker and wasted 2 grand.You`ll be a millionaire yet my son.
    Well done,happy camping,just in time for spring,now you can buy all the useful bits in the xmas/january sales.What fun. Look forward to meeting you and Rodney in the spring.

Ian
    p.s I went to the same Grammer school as Del Boy`s Uncle Albert ( Buster Merryfield)
    Last edited by Ian.C.S; 08-12-2010, 17:17.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Barry

Glad you have taken the plunge, Rodney sounds great and I love the name. One thing you will be assured of is excellent after sales service from Ant. Just do what we do and go down to Ant for a service by making a little camping trip of it, there are some nice campsites round and about Bristol.

It sounds like you are from our neck of the woods so we will look out for you and Rodney and give you a wave.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Glad you were aware. It will not be a problem. You should also be aware that after a long trip in the van you are likely to stand a small modern car on its nose at the first roundabout if you drive one

Welcome from me, and happy camping with Rodders.

Comment

I have heard that in the C15 brakes can be considered an 'optional extra' what fun.

Comment

As Ant would remind us C15 brakes are OK as long as they get frequent and regular maintenance. Modern cars are getting to the stage where people wont need to drive them.

By the way when we had a C15 it was called Rodney but our Outlook is called Rosie. We have always named our vehicles and I have been known to talk to them, at least they dont answer back.

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
              As Ant would remind us C15 brakes are OK as long as they get frequent and regular maintenance. Modern cars are getting to the stage where people wont need to drive them.

By the way when we had a C15 it was called Rodney but our Outlook is called Rosie. We have always named our vehicles and I have been known to talk to them, at least they dont answer back.
              I had a C15 and the day I bought it I took it for a full service,belt change and lubrication and Brake check and adjust.
              Over the following years,with regular service and adjustments I never had the slightest problem,she was completely reliable and the brakes were good and positive.Again,I figured its my neck on the line so why take risks by skimping on services .
              C15``s are very good vehicles and lovely romas.

Comment

Doris

I also have a sat nav called Doris! In my previous incarnation as a born again biker we had many arguments about route direction. She always seemed to want to use the scenic route. "recalculating, recalculating, reca....". Eventually she broke down and had to be sent for repair last year. She seems happier now that she has Rodders to guide ;-)
                Oooer! Ant said I'd start getting a bit eccentric ......................

Comment

I also have a sat nav called Doris! In my previous incarnation as a born again biker we had many arguments about route direction. She always seemed to want to use the scenic route. "recalculating, recalculating, reca....". Eventually she broke down and had to be sent for repair last year. She seems happier now that she has Rodders to guide ;-)
                  Oooer! Ant said I'd start getting a bit eccentric ......................
                  You are going to have to change her name,Rodney`s bird was called Cassandra,very fitting for your little gadjet,Cassandra was a greek princess who could make accurate predictions,unfortunately no-one believed her.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X