As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compiling a list

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiling a list

Been compiling a list of must haves for going away home and abroad in the Romy when it arrives.
    Amazing what you need to add, list is getting long..... as I am bound to miss some things, what is the absolute essential item(s) you would miss if you forgot to take it? (But don't say the other half!)

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 21-11-2009, 11:13.

Girly answer for you:- gas hair straighteners. A bit of damp air and my hair goes feral!

Comment

The missus says her necessity is her gas curling tongs... you women!

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Has to be my dab radio - cannot live without R4 - and TWO hot water bottles! For my poor old joints my memory foam overlay is essential - Outlook seating a bit too firm for a good nights sleep!

Comment

Don't forget your laptop and dongle so you can keep in touch with the forum.

We wouldn't be without a barbeque in summer, corkscrew also a necessity, particularly if going to France. Portable telly for those long winter nights. Spare gas bottle so you can just swap over when it runs out.
          Graham
          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

For me it's my 12v microwave and Snugglesafe heatpad - particularly on long, cold, damp winter nights. (I've tried hot water bottles but it's too easy to sit on them and they go cold too quickly.)

Comment

Karen

Been looking at 12 Volt Microwaves but they seem to draw too much current.
              What model do you have? I think it must go on the list.

Or maybe I could use a 240volt low wattage microwave using an inverter?

Tony Anchorman
              Last edited by anchorman; 22-11-2009, 21:36.

Comment

insect repellant - top of the list

Selection of good books.

Reading glasses

Sun cream

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

Tony

I use the 12v Wavebox. It's excellent for travelling - rugged, robust and can also operate on 230v mains -

It's a 400w model which I use in 3-4 15 minute bursts per day from my 85amp battery which I've not run down (yet!).

Comment

We've never felt the need for a microwave, for us they take up far too much room and we can cook anything we want in our double skillet.

There is an article on the main website about double skillets, well worth the money.

DOUBLE SKILLET ARTICLE
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

A microwave is useful if you don't have gas though because it can cook almost anything (and warm up heatpads!) and can run from a 12v battery. There are no fumes and no condensation problems within a small space so I find it perfect for camping.

Comment

Hi Karen, I've been thinking about getting a microwave for my van, do you remember how much you paid for your wavebox?

As for the list, I always take my wind up radio, it's tiny, and fits in the pelmet of my HyLo.
                        Alan

Comment

I paid about £125 - not cheap and a purchase I hesitated over for months but never regretted for a second. I've used in woodlands, picnic sites, coast... everywhere while wildcamping with no need for an EHU. It's clean, quick, convenient and so practical - probably the best camping purchase I've ever made (after my Roo, of course!). Highly recommended!

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                            A microwave is useful if you don't have gas though because it can cook almost anything (and warm up heatpads!) and can run from a 12v battery. There are no fumes and no condensation problems within a small space so I find it perfect for camping.
                            Yes good point about condensation but I don't know whether there are many vans without gas, even if its one of those portable suitcase gadgets. Even the smallest tent we have seen has had at least a primus stove.
                            Graham

Comment

Double Skillet on You Tube

Have a look "Here"
                              Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X