This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to Cornwall for New Year

Hello everyone - hope you all had a nice Christmas although not much going away for any of us I think..

I bought my Romahome Duo at the end of October and have managed three trips (including overnight in Marlborough when I bought it). I've been gutted by the snow - not too bad where I am in London - but really didn't want to get stuck anywhere. Anyhow, forecast for the weekend isn't too bad so I'm heading to Cornwall for a quiet, peaceful New Year at the seaside. Very excited to be back out and about. I hope I can remember how to fill the water tank - must remember to pick up some gardening gloves before I go this time (muddy hands) and it's the first time that hopefully the heater will work as I had it serviced in November and found that the leisure battery wasn't switched on. Apparently this needs to be on to make the eberspacher work even when I'm on hook-up (I am not technically minded!). At some point it will all start to become second nature I guess... but that point isn't now! Still, I am excited to have a drive and get out and about again. Hope everyone else is doing something nice and maybe getting a bit of a trip out...

Originally posted by heidinicholl View Post
    Hello everyone - hope you all had a nice Christmas although not much going away for any of us I think..

I bought my Romahome Duo at the end of October and have managed three trips (including overnight in Marlborough when I bought it). I've been gutted by the snow - not too bad where I am in London - but really didn't want to get stuck anywhere. Anyhow, forecast for the weekend isn't too bad so I'm heading to Cornwall for a quiet, peaceful New Year at the seaside. Very excited to be back out and about. I hope I can remember how to fill the water tank - must remember to pick up some gardening gloves before I go this time (muddy hands) and it's the first time that hopefully the heater will work as I had it serviced in November and found that the leisure battery wasn't switched on. Apparently this needs to be on to make the eberspacher work even when I'm on hook-up (I am not technically minded!). At some point it will all start to become second nature I guess... but that point isn't now! Still, I am excited to have a drive and get out and about again. Hope everyone else is doing something nice and maybe getting a bit of a trip out...
    Hello Heidi,
    its so nice to have another londoner on the forum,we are a bit thin on the ground,like you I will be off in my R20 outlook for the new year,havent decided where yet.
    I hope you have a great time,I hope to see you in the spring.
    Ian
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

off to Cornwall

Hello Heidi

Hope you have a lovely time in Cornwall, where I live. I've had a Romahome Hitop C15 for a few months and so far haven't gone out of county - there's so much to see here that I've let myself get distracted by going round the coast! I live in Falmouth. Let me know if you're passing.

Happy New Year to you and everyone
      Sue

Comment

Thanks Sue! I'm spending a couple of days in Marazion, then heading to somewhere around Plymouth. I'm about to sit down with some maps and camp sites books / webpages! I'm meeting up with an old friend who has a much bigger & fancier van than mine! I haven't done a camper van convoy before..! So looking forward to it.

Ian - I shall wave towards Wimbledon as I career around the M25 - although sounds like you'll probably be on your way somewhere too. Happy New Year!

Comment

Hi to you both!

I stayed in Falmouth in October, lovely place! I'm not surprised you're not going far with all that on your doorstep, Cornish Sue!

Heidi - have a lovely trip down there! I wish I was coming too!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X