As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back Door Lock on Duo Outlook

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Door Lock on Duo Outlook

This may sound a silly question but can you lock the door on the Outlook from the inside? I have attempted to turn it but as it has always been a bit stiff I didn't want to force it in case I break something! I broke the little catch that holds the back door open (now replaced) the day after we got it so I don't want to break any locks!
    Jessie

Originally posted by jessiem View Post
    This may sound a silly question but can you lock the door on the Outlook from the inside? I have attempted to turn it but as it has always been a bit stiff I didn't want to force it in case I break something! I broke the little catch that holds the back door open (now replaced) the day after we got it so I don't want to break any locks!
    Yes, turn the plastic big wing handled knob anti clockwise,it will go about 1/8th turn with a loud click,door locked,to unlock turn clockwise as you must be doing to get out. practise with the door open and you will see the locking bars move,with the door locked inside the handle outside will not open the door.

Other way,tie a starving wolf to the doorhandle,keeps everyone out.remember to feed before trying to get in.
    Last edited by Ian.C.S; 16-01-2011, 11:46.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thank you, I will forgoe the starving wolf and do what you suggest, maybe we haven't used enough force! But will twiddle the lock with the door open too!
      Jessie

Comment

The back doorlock on my Duo is a bit sticky / temperamental Jessie so I'm sympathetic that you don't want to overdo the brute force and ignorance! Twiddling is generally good though in my experience! Heidi

Comment

I have brought this back up because the door still doesn't lock from the inside. When we open the door and turn it anti clockwise from the inside the catch that locks the door doesn't come down unless you do it manually, so has something gone inside it? do we need a new lock or is it easy to remove and see what the problem is and replace without messing it up!!
          Jessie

Comment

Hi Jessie.
            The door locks are very simple and rarely give any real problems. Two things that impede the function of it are if you remove the key before it has returned to the original position, this is easily done especially if the return spring in the barrel is a bit weak or non existent or the spring inside the inner part of the lock mechanism has broken. The latter spring failure is very obvious as the moving part of the catch that fits into the striker plate on the door frame will not return to the open position when you pull the door handle. If your problem is locking the door from the inside rather than any other I'd put my money on "Pilot" error and say you've pulled the key out 90 degrees out of position. This will have the effect of blocking the lock mechanism on the inside.
            Ant

Comment

Thank you Ant, hubby will check again
              Jessie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X