This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Figure of 8 Rail for awnings

$_86 awning.jpgHi I have a Romahome demountable with a 47 inch awning rail fitted across the top back end just above the back door and I have a free standing awning which I would like to fit to my camper ,and when I bought the awning the gentleman who sold it to me said that I would need a Figure of 8 Rail for awnings and some bead brade or some thing to join the awning to the rails ,can any one throw some light on the subject because I have no clue as to what I need to buy ,best wishes Brian

ps The awning is not the one I have bought but is similar and only as an example to what I am trying to fit
    Last edited by scarrabri1; 17-05-2016, 20:55.

The awning will have a "beading" on it. You need figure of 8 strips long enough to fit along the rail, like this:
    31GkO6uae1L._AC_US160_.jpg

One side clips to the rail the beading on the awning threads through the other side.

There's plenty on Amazon e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/OL104-8-Fig...+8+awning+rail

Comment

Originally posted by Caz View Post
      The awning will have a "beading" on it. You need figure of 8 strips long enough to fit along the rail, like this:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]10908[/ATTACH]

One side clips to the rail the beading on the awning threads through the other side.

There's plenty on Amazon e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/OL104-8-Fig...+8+awning+rail
      Hi will the awning not fit straight to awning rail that is fixed to Romahome,and if so will I need this 41BjIElDfoL__AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Comment

The awning you have will probably fit directly into the channel, but using the figure of 8 and the cord that you have posted, means you will be able to drive away from the awning too. Otherwise, if you thread the awning until the van channel, then tension the poles etc you will have to dismantle the awning to drive off. The figure of 8 and cord means you just slide the cord from the van channel, and off you go.
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
          The awning you have will probably fit directly into the channel, but using the figure of 8 and the cord that you have posted, means you will be able to drive away from the awning too. Otherwise, if you thread the awning until the van channel, then tension the poles etc you will have to dismantle the awning to drive off. The figure of 8 and cord means you just slide the cord from the van channel, and off you go.
          Hi thank you and I understand what you mean ,making this all a lot easier to drive off without disturbing every thing ,very best wishes Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
            Hi and a huge thank you to you for your help ,very best wishes Brian.

Comment