As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEZ & Romahomes

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEZ & Romahomes

Are the new Romahomes compliant with planned future legistation? It would be useful to have an update on these somewhat confusing regulations, both future and planned. I am imagining that the new Romahomes homes built on the new Berlingo or the bigger chassis for the Dimensions and R40 are compliant? Would this be correct?

I wondered if Ant or Freeborn could give us a full update as obviously if you bought a new van you would want to future proof yourself.

You can check the compliance of your vehicle here

https://lowemissionzone.tfl.gov.uk/b...s?referrer=lez

Comment

As I'm sure you will appreciate, Romahome has always produced motorhomes that comply with all relevant British Road traffic acts and with the criteria issued by both the SMMT (Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders) and the NCC (National Caravan Council). Guidelines affecting Romahome include length, width and height plus rear and side light illuminations.
      Habitation inspections take place annually with regard to gas and electrical installations as well as ventilation and Romahome pass this inspection with flying colours year on year.
      Romahome also comply with the latest guidelines relating to 'safety restraints and harnesses for carrying passengers in the rear of a vehicle'.
      All motorhome manufacturers are required to update and comply with revised European Type Approval regulations by 2012 and Romahome has been working with the VBRA for some time to ensure we obtain this approval well before the required date. The good news is that the legislation is not retrospective so all Romahomes registered prior to 2012 will not be required to comply with the revised European Type Approval.
      I hope this makes matters a little clearer but if you have any questions just direct them to the factory.

Comment

Thank you Andrew that is helpful.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
        Working...
        X