Chitty Chitty bang bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
    It's new. There is nothing more to be said!
    But I bet someone says something anyway. Just decals need sticking on.

Actually a proper respray is better than new, the paint will be thicker.
    Thanks gasgas
    Gary the guy in the image said it would probably need 1.5ltrs to do the job but he used 2.5ltrs and did actually spray it on thicker for me, it needs polishing with compound to bring it out even better but have to leave it a week before that can be done.
    "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Comment

Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
      What a great job, it looks fantastic.

Enjoy !
      Thanks DD
      The wife came in with me this morning to see it and she was over the moon so that makes me happy lol
      "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Comment

Originally posted by SandraM View Post
        Brilliant. Absolutely Brilliant. Well done you

She is a thing of beauty and a joy to behold. Bet your wife is not still telling you you're mad and will never do it. (Or is she used to using reverse psychology on you?)
        Thanks Sandra

She'll always call me mad no matter what I do lol but she did stand there taking photo's and sending them off to our girls, the middle one was a little negative when I started the project but she too is eating her words now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Brown View Post
          . . . .sending them off to our girls, the middle one was a little negative when I started the project but she too is eating her words now.

What you mean is she is a big positive now, and her face isn't black with white eyes like they were. (Presumably)?
          If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. Mark ch3 v24

Comment

Wow! Absolutely brilliant. What a wonderful job you have made of bringing life into what was a wreck. Graham (and Carole)

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
              What you mean is she is a big positive now, and her face isn't black with white eyes like they were. (Presumably)?
              Lol you have that right, she said she was worried I would have been wasting my money, even though a couple of times I thought the same myself but persevered and we now almost have the end result.

Comment

Originally posted by GeeCee View Post
                Wow! Absolutely brilliant. What a wonderful job you have made of bringing life into what was a wreck. Graham (and Carole)
                Thanks Graham and Carole

Comment

Superb job, you must be a very satisfied bloke right now.... and a cracking good thread too.
                  A bad day fishing is infinitely better than a good day at work.

Comment

Thanks Les I am a very happy man as I picked it up this morning and she's now parked up and away for Christmas, I need a break lol Few shots out in the day light and I thought she looked better in proper light.

Comment

Have you made a decision about the decals yet?

What about some pics from the inside (just because I am very very nosy)

Comment

Still not decided yet but it can't wait now until after Christmas now.
                        The inside is still original and in good condition, only things I've done inside is to repair the fridge thanks to Ant's help, I repaired the hinge of the cupboard above the stove and done a bit of wiring, the wife cleaned the upholstery and carpet and that's it for the inside, I did want to reupholster it but the wife said it's not needed.

Comment

What an achievement, the van is revived and looking great. it's been interesting to follow your progress and thanks for sharing the journey...... You'll be up for a Happy travelling New Year in 2017.
                          Look forward to meeting you and yours in a field!
                          Andyvan

Comment

Thank you Andyvan, we're both looking forward to getting out on our first trip in her, no real plans as yet but we are spare of the moment types. Hope to meet you and many others on our future adventures.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Chitty, Jeff. I was just wondering about rust proofing. Have you got one of those wands and sprayed waxoyl inside the box sections? It would have to be heated before it could be sprayed of course. I have painted it all over my chassis (much to my wife's disgust!) but am left wondering about spraying it inside the box sections, and in the cab doors etc. The trouble with removing the cab door cards is they are probably held in with non-re-useable plastic clips that break and either aren't available or cost sillypounds to replace. On top of that I guess that if you find a hole in the door metalwork to spray into, it will get on the glass, and not in all the places you want it. There is the possibility that Fiat have actually waxed the bottom part of the door inside, but you won't know that till you have ripped the card off.
                              If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. Mark ch3 v24

Comment

No I've not done that yet gasgas but I do intend to, I see they sell it by the gallon at my local car spares place and I also see they do the wand as well but I need to find somewhere to do the job or my daughter wont be to happy if I spray her garage or driveway. The door panels on the C15 are clipped on with reusable clips, that's if you don't snap them getting them off, I've seen on fleabay that most clips are available for replacement and very cheap. I've also noticed that I have a couple of rubber bung holes in the C15 chassis and that will make life much easier, I did prime the internal sections of my sills and the exposed chassis with weld through primer and also put red oxide on them to be on the safe side, so I don't need to rush to spray them with waxoyl.
                                The thing with spraying waxoyl through a bung hole in a door is you will end up spraying the window runners and winding mechanism and that wouldn't be a good idea and cost you more in the end, so panels off to do that job.

Comment