No announcement yet.

Chitty Chitty bang bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol I like your way of thinking. I actually have a 14" knife like Paul Hogan used in the film but I use mine for survival, cut many a logs for the fire with it and dug many holes with it too and it's still as sharp as a razor.
    "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Comment

Most of us know how intermittent the wiring on a Citroen C15 can be and I was having no end of trouble with the side repeaters on Chitty, one minute they were working and next minute they stop, and no not when I turn them on and they flash on/off, I know you lot lol....... I got really fed up taking them apart and trying to clean the tiny contacts inside and they would be fine for a short time. Also the wiring it's self was getting really dark with oxidisation and age, now apart from rewiring the whole camper I had little choice but to renew these side repeaters and for £4.99 I bought a new set from fleabay, they came complete with bulb holders but no bulbs, in no rush I sent of for the bulbs £2.49 for 10. I installed them the other day and they look much nicer than the original ones and they work all the time too What do you think?

"Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Comment

Chitty is now fully converted to internal LED lighting, I didn't bother doing a conversion of her old strip lights but instead did a complete swap for new LED lighting units. I was really surprised how orange/brownish the light was from the old strip lights when compared to the LED strip lights giving off a more white light. The 2 spots have LED bulbs in and brighter than the old filament bulbs, 2 LED strips with dimmer switch under the curtain pelmets and now the 2 strip light units now replaced with LED. Quite pleased with how bright it is inside the van with all lighting on.

Update: Chitty's graphics will be finished by Feb 14th as guy on holiday until Sunday, so by roughly mid week next week I should finally be able to put the final photo's of chitty up, it's been a long slow journey but the end is in sight.

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing your re-born Chitty Chitty

Comment

Thanks Sandra

The graphics will be very similar to the one I posted some time back, more subtle than in your face type of graphics.

Comment

Well we're slowly getting there and after 2 weeks of waiting.
              I finally had an email tonight showing me part the graphics for approval of the HYLO for the top and Citroen Romahome for the rear and part of the romahome for the side stripes left to complete. image shows photo's I blue toothed to him and the new graphics so far. Colours are tan and crème as we didn't want anything popping out so we went for a more subtle approach. What do you guy's think of the proofs? Crème seems to be showing up white in the image.

Romahome 4 Logos Proof (Medium).jpg

Comment

I think your right "subtle" is the way to go/

Will look great

Comment

It will show she's a classy lady and not shrieking "Look at me" (although having said that, if she was mine and I knew how much work I'd put in her she would have flags and banners all round her saying "Look what I did"

Comment

Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
                    I think your right "subtle" is the way to go/

Will look great
                    Thanks DD
                    We didn't want it Orange like one of my daughters kept saying get lol Just subtle so lets hope it all looks good when she's finished. I've got to put it all on when he's finished so no drinking a week before lol

Comment

Originally posted by SandraM View Post
                      It will show she's a classy lady and not shrieking "Look at me" (although having said that, if she was mine and I knew how much work I'd put in her she would have flags and banners all round her saying "Look what I did"
                      lol Thanks Sandra
                      If I was 20 years younger I may have done something a little more outrageous, but age has mellowed me a little now lol

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I like it, looks good.

Panda
                        These broken wings are gonna leave me here to stand my ground........

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabloke View Post
                          Hi Jeff,

I like it, looks good.

Panda
                          Thank you Panda, can't wait until it's finished now.

Comment

Finally after waiting so long for the guy to design and cut my graphic, today I picked them up I was supposed to pick them up yesterday morning but got an email from him asking if I could leave it until 4pm yesterday, I emailed him back saying that I'd pick them up in the morning. I got there around 10.30am only to find him still cutting them and applying the transfer paper, I finally left there at 12.00pm. I managed to apply a couple of small ones before it was time for me to leave. The crème looks more yellow than it is, my wife wasn't happy with the cream but I've managed to convince her to just let it go as it's taken us almost a month to finally get them from him. I brought the larger ones home with me so I can trim off the transfer paper up to the graphics to allow me to line them up easier. The guy did a good job in the design from just a photo so not moaning and at least I have them now. He made 2 Citroen Romahome when I asked for one but again not moaning as I now have a spare, he also made a couple of Just Romahome ones again I never asked for them but he said on his design it would look better so he cut them at no extra charge. I think h did a good job of the text considering I hunted high and low on the net for the correct font, even with help on here from a couple of guy's we couldn't pin point the correct fonts, the guy told me that he hand drew the fonts from photo's and converted them in corel draw software, so I think he did pretty well.

This is what I've done so far and the side graphics are just taped in place for my benefit to make sure I was putting the right ones in the right places. The wife and I are still debating on were to put the Romahome graphic, she wants it up the top and I want it where it is now, so opinions would be welcome.

Chitty is on her final run for completion and I hope to have it complete tomorrow providing it doesn't rain.

WP_20170301_13_43_41_Pro (Medium).jpgWP_20170301_13_55_22_Pro (Medium).jpgWP_20170301_14_29_53_Pro (Medium).jpgWP_20170301_15_33_14_Pro (Medium).jpg

Comment

I love it.

Very retro but really classy looking too. Well done

Comment

Thanks Sandra, I had to sit home here trimming all of both side graphics to make it easier to apply tomorrow then I'll get it outside to get better photo's in day light. The wife seen what I've done so far and is happy with it and that makes me happy. Will post all final photo's of the finished chitty soon x

Comment