X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gasgas
    replied
    Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post

Donk is a he, but i think the name sounds male anyway?
    Donk sounds like the noise it makes when you hit a Cornish hedge, which is in fact made of granite.

Leave a comment:

• gasgas
    replied
    I think your right "subtle" is the way to go/

Will look great
    I agree. I was looking at pvcs at Peterborough and the bright red ones look nice, but not so good if you consider the lack of camoulflage when parked up in a forest!
    The Cafe Creme (how on earth do you do accents?) looks fine on my Apple Mac. It would have to be different to white which would blend with the body colour.
    And congratulations on having a thread that is on eleven pages!
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• RolyG
    replied
    Name

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
    Just curious - why is it a 'she'?
    Mine's an 'it.'
    Mines a she its Bella Berlingo the wife chose this sounds ok to me.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    my old sills being replaced with the new ones. One think I found Mike was further rust on the chassis, so make sure your new sills and the chassis is treated after any repairs.
    rusty hand (Medium).jpg WP_20160608_14_56_20_Pro (Medium).jpg

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by SandraM View Post
    Mike, if you go to the start of this thread and work forward you should come to the photos that Jeff posted and the explanation regarding the sills
    I checked my photos Sandra and they seem to have all gone But I still have them on my computer if Mike would like to see them.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by wyliemg View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    I have new sills to fit to my 1997 HYLO. I was told by one bodyshop that the body would need to be removed in order to weld the new ones on. I was wondering if you had to do this and if not how did you fit the new sills. My bodyshop technician said he couldn't weld the sills on as it would set fire to the body. Can you help please?
    Regards
    Mike
    Hi Mike. No way does the body have to be removed. Trouble is a lot of garages haven't a clue about Romahome motor homes. One garage was so dumb about it he told me the sills had to have a continuous weld as they are part of the chassis, I asked him then why do the manufacturers spot weld them on and he couldn't answer me, he was also telling me that it needed to be welded to the camper van body, I loved asking him this bit? I said Wow!! so someone's invented a machine that will weld steel to fiberglass? he looked at me and said what do you mean, I tapped the body and said it's fiberglass and I best take my camper to someone who knows what they are talking about and not giving me BS to bump the price up.

Re- your body shop guy, sorry but he's another one who has no clue. The chassis is glued and riveted to the camper body so he has no reason to go anywhere near the body with his welder, the only time he is near it is at the bottom of the new sill he's nowhere near the top. If this dumbo here can do it and get it through an mot then it tells me again that someone doesn't either want to do the job or wants to bump the price up.

Leave a comment:

• SandraM
    replied
    Mike, if you go to the start of this thread and work forward you should come to the photos that Jeff posted and the explanation regarding the sills

Leave a comment:

• wyliemg
    replied
    Sills

Hi Jeff,
    I have new sills to fit to my 1997 HYLO. I was told by one bodyshop that the body would need to be removed in order to weld the new ones on. I was wondering if you had to do this and if not how did you fit the new sills. My bodyshop technician said he couldn't weld the sills on as it would set fire to the body. Can you help please?
    Regards
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    Thanks Sandra, I had to sit home here trimming all of both side graphics to make it easier to apply tomorrow then I'll get it outside to get better photo's in day light. The wife seen what I've done so far and is happy with it and that makes me happy. Will post all final photo's of the finished chitty soon x

Leave a comment:

• SandraM
    replied
    I love it.

Very retro but really classy looking too. Well done

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    Finally after waiting so long for the guy to design and cut my graphic, today I picked them up I was supposed to pick them up yesterday morning but got an email from him asking if I could leave it until 4pm yesterday, I emailed him back saying that I'd pick them up in the morning. I got there around 10.30am only to find him still cutting them and applying the transfer paper, I finally left there at 12.00pm. I managed to apply a couple of small ones before it was time for me to leave. The crème looks more yellow than it is, my wife wasn't happy with the cream but I've managed to convince her to just let it go as it's taken us almost a month to finally get them from him. I brought the larger ones home with me so I can trim off the transfer paper up to the graphics to allow me to line them up easier. The guy did a good job in the design from just a photo so not moaning and at least I have them now. He made 2 Citroen Romahome when I asked for one but again not moaning as I now have a spare, he also made a couple of Just Romahome ones again I never asked for them but he said on his design it would look better so he cut them at no extra charge. I think h did a good job of the text considering I hunted high and low on the net for the correct font, even with help on here from a couple of guy's we couldn't pin point the correct fonts, the guy told me that he hand drew the fonts from photo's and converted them in corel draw software, so I think he did pretty well.

This is what I've done so far and the side graphics are just taped in place for my benefit to make sure I was putting the right ones in the right places. The wife and I are still debating on were to put the Romahome graphic, she wants it up the top and I want it where it is now, so opinions would be welcome.

Chitty is on her final run for completion and I hope to have it complete tomorrow providing it doesn't rain.

WP_20170301_13_43_41_Pro (Medium).jpgWP_20170301_13_55_22_Pro (Medium).jpgWP_20170301_14_29_53_Pro (Medium).jpgWP_20170301_15_33_14_Pro (Medium).jpg

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by Pandabloke View Post
    Hi Jeff,

I like it, looks good.

Panda
    Thank you Panda, can't wait until it's finished now.

Leave a comment:

• Pandabloke
    replied
    Hi Jeff,

I like it, looks good.

Panda

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by SandraM View Post
    It will show she's a classy lady and not shrieking "Look at me" (although having said that, if she was mine and I knew how much work I'd put in her she would have flags and banners all round her saying "Look what I did"
    lol Thanks Sandra
    If I was 20 years younger I may have done something a little more outrageous, but age has mellowed me a little now lol

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Brown
    replied
    I think your right "subtle" is the way to go/

Will look great
    Thanks DD
    We didn't want it Orange like one of my daughters kept saying get lol Just subtle so lets hope it all looks good when she's finished. I've got to put it all on when he's finished so no drinking a week before lol

Leave a comment: