This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please advise on C15 rust problem and maybe fitting new chassis part

I have a 1998 Romahome on a C15 base. About halfway between the wheels on each side, there's a terrifying amount of rust which has eaten away underneath where I'd expect the chassis to be. (Excuse my not knowing all the technical terms.) My garage says as there's no chassis on a C15 they'll have to drill lots of rust out and then weld on a new metal strut, a very tricky job given how much flammable material there is inside. There may also, they say, be problems replacing the seals which will have to come off so they can see the damage properly.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do about it? What would you engineering whizzkids do? All comments gratefully received. (Except the comment that I should have spotted the problem sooner. True but doesn't help!)

Ann, I think a read of this thread may help you.
    http://http://www.smallmotorhome.co....php?21299-Sils

Comment

I see you are from Somerset Ann. This means that you are not a million miles from Ant. I would pop it along to him because he'll give you a true honest opinion and he is the expert on Romahomes. Where in Somerset are you? I'm in Yeovil but my camper is parked at my daughters in Shepton Mallet.
      "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Comment

C15 rust problem

Originally posted by Jeff Brown View Post
        I see you are from Somerset Ann. This means that you are not a million miles from Ant. I would pop it along to him because he'll give you a true honest opinion and he is the expert on Romahomes. Where in Somerset are you? I'm in Yeovil but my camper is parked at my daughters in Shepton Mallet.
        Also near Yeovil, Jeff! How do I get in touch with Ant? My phone is xxxxxxx (edited by admin) *

Caz's link was also useful -- have printed it off for garage. Cordial thanks to both of you for kind help.

* best not to put phone numbers on the public forum, use the personal message system - Admin
        Last edited by Graham; 02-10-2016, 16:35. Reason: Take out phone number

Comment

That's good to hear I have a romahome close to me, I can take a look for you if you want? if not you can contact Ant here on the forum, Just look on the main board for Ask Ant or you can contact him here.

Avon Motor Caravans
          Ashford Road
          Redhill
          Bristol
          BS40 5TH

Tel:01275 472277
          "Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time"

Comment