This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Road Tax for Romahome R20

We've just received the renewal for our road tax, it has gone up to £205.

On checking the directgov website, (this now seems to break down vehicle tax differently, the £205 refers to private light goods registered before 2006.
    Other vehicles seem to be with CO2 emmissions.

Is this correct now. CO2 emissions would be £125.

We also got our insurance renewal from NFU yesterday, it had risen 50% since last year's price. We have had a very reasonable quote (in comparison) from the Caravan Club. When we add green flags top cover for the UK, we are still £145 cheaper than the NFU quote.

You need an economics degree nowadays to work everything out!

Margaret

How is your van classified on your log book, Margaret? It's worth checking as that's a big difference in price!

Comment

All motorhomes appear to be classed as PLG or PHG depending on the weight and as such PLG is £205 regardless of emmissions or age. Incidentally PHG are cheaper to tax for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
        All motorhomes appear to be classed as PLG or PHG depending on the weight and as such PLG is £205 regardless of emmissions or age
        That's what I thought when my V5 turned up saying that my little Dynamic was still classed as a diesel motorcar/MPV. I mentioned this to Danbury, who contacted the DVLA....and they stlll class it as a diesel motorcar

Which is fine by me...because my tax is "only" £125.
        Neil

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
          All motorhomes appear to be classed as PLG or PHG depending on the weight and as such PLG is £205 regardless of emmissions or age. Incidentally PHG are cheaper to tax for some reason
          Thanks, unfortunately says the light goods one. I know we paid about £190 the last time, I just had missed it going up to this. I know i is only £15 but couldn't understand the classifications on the road tax web site.

Oh well, win some, lose some.

Thanks to all who replied.
          Margaret

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
          Working...
          X