X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare parts for C15

Hi

We are thinking of buying a Romahome (C15 1998 model). It has a number of areas of rust (on the front cross beam, doors and cills). How easy is it to locate replacement parts, especially the front cross beam and doors?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, look forward to hearing your advice.....

Woody

Hi Woody

Welcome to the forum, nice to see you here.

Have you tried this website http://www.vansparefinder.co.uk/Van/CITROEN/

or this

http://www.findapart.com/car-Citroen...ge%20rods.html

Best of luck
    Graham
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the message, we will give those sites a go!

Comment

there seems to be quite a few 2nd hand parts on ebay, although no front doors listed a lot of the ads are from people breaking vehicles and say to email if there is a certain part you need.

I haven't had any experience with the c15 but i'm guessing the parts you have that have rusted are the parts that will have rusted on every other c15 though, so obviously, buyer beware!!!

And welcome to the forum too
        Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

You can get door skins from these people

http://www.beeversautopanels.co.uk/

They also used to do bonnets and the corner panel below the windscreen.

There should be quite a few late model high mileage C15 vans knocking about. They won't all have rusty panels some will be shot at mechanically.

Comment

Thanks for all your advice....we felt very reassured and have just had an offer accepted on the Romahome which we plan to call 'Rusty'.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
              Thanks for all your advice....we felt very reassured and have just had an offer accepted on the Romahome which we plan to call 'Rusty'.
              Well done Woody, hope you and Rusty have a long and happy time together.

Maybe we will see you sometime on our travels.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Dont touch beaversaoutopanels....beware

Hi all, anyone looking forAuto panels would be VERY wise to skip beavers, they ARE in myexperience the pits of the pits, we as a garage do have our own regular and most reliable body parts supplier, but couldnt get me my own c15 bit like today, so Foolishly,because my camper was up on blocks wheels off ect, screen out no wings bonnet off,i spoke to a chap at their nr Barnsley depot, who said they will deliver next day,as you could imagine the said camper was in a state now were we were raedyto reassemble and respray,next day nothing, 4days later and many phone calls,all polite, may i hasten to add,our bonnet and wing arrived, via tnt to my home address, it was lifted out of his van by the driver and into the rear of our vw passat estate bonnet first then the wing, ALLwrapped very very well, about a foot of bubble wrap, and a mile of sellotape,all untouched by my wife whom delivered it to the bodyshopwithin 30 mins.Exitment turned to Horror when we both unwrapped,(myself and the panel sprayer)the bonnet!!crushed )all one corner and the first 14 inches all down one side, the wing looked like it had been under a steamroller, arrggg..six months later and it still get me going !the upshot was that because my wife had signed for it tho, she didnt even touch it, i didnt have a leg to stand on,Beavers didnt want to even no, they were ignorant rude and damright had no customer respect,i later found out that they had taken delivery from a second party, in slough, which they had acceptedwithout checking no doubt, it was beavers in slough depot maybe.. so Beavers can take a running jump.Be warned.
                Rob,:thumbsup:

Comment

Re Panels c15...

After my well deserved grunt about beaver..........(argghh)spit. From experience,its worthiff one can offord it to spend extra few pounds and buy genuine citroen one,s they will be a much better fitwith holes in the right places,bonnet furniture ect wing tops,wheel arch holes in the right place,bumpers with the little tags on the inside for the indicators to attache to ect ectect.........

Comment

We all speak as we find and I have used Beevers on a number of occasions and they have always been Ok. That said they are only suppliers of Hadrian repro panels and so you might find a supplier nearer. Citroen's own body panels for C15s and not always that wonderful either and are always very expensive.

People with Berlingos would be wise to price any Citroen dealer part with the equivalent Peugeot part. When we first got our Outlook I wanted some headlamp protectors. I went to my local Citroen dealer and he told me to price them at Peugeot. They were much cheaper there and so my friendly dealer lost the sale.

Comment

Panels.........

Hi Peter, your quite right, shop around is the best policy, tho our local Citroen dealer was not bad to deal with, alas, tho like many they have gone tho the franchise is now run by what was a Ford main dealer, and well as you may imagine.........The Only reason i used, Beavers, is because next day delivery was promised.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X