X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wash And Go

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with what products they use to keep their vans in good nick? I went to the local hand car wash last time and they charged me £10

I'm just about to give it another wash. I usually use Fairy Liquid on my car but am not sure if that's ok. Also how often do people wax and what with?

I also have a little scratch on my back door. How do I resolve that? I've also manged to get my windscreen scratched but that'll be done through the insurance.

I'm hopeless

Thanks,

Barbara Anne

Originally posted by Ewig View Post
    Hi all,

Can anyone help me with what products they use to keep their vans in good nick? I went to the local hand car wash last time and they charged me £10

I'm just about to give it another wash. I usually use Fairy Liquid on my car but am not sure if that's ok. Also how often do people wax and what with?

I also have a little scratch on my back door. How do I resolve that? I've also manged to get my windscreen scratched but that'll be done through the insurance.

I'm hopeless

Thanks,

Barbara Anne
    Mine goes to the carwash once per month for a wash and wax and hoover out. costs me £15. money well spent. once a year it gets an abrasive scrub on the white GRP to get rid of rain marks,and a heavy duty polish,costs £35.
    again money well spent.
    Last edited by Ian.C.S; 14-02-2011, 13:51.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Well, that was a bit of a work out! I've just used Fairy for now. If I was doing a polish too, it would be like having my own multi-gym. I couldn't reach the roof Jumping out of the way of the traffic on my road was also a good work out and exhilarating too! Oh, and it's raining now

Comment

You shouldnt use washing up liquid - it contains salt and encourages rust

Comment

Oh Good job it's raining then I'll know not to do that again! Thanks Peter

Barbara Anne

Comment

I do mine with the cheapest wash and wax body shampoo from the car accessories place. And the car as well. Seems to work ok. I use a big fluffy mop to wash it - and can do the roof as well with that, but I have a fold down caravan now - I had to use steps to reach the roof when I had my Roma!

I think mine might need a wax before I bring it out in the spring, but I'll be paying someone to do it for me as I can't manage that myself. Must be somebody around here who would like to earn themselves a tenner.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X